Do my homework or the hamster gets it.

Discussion in 'C++' started by Phlip, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Phlip

    Phlip Guest

    My prof set me this six months ago, but I couldn't be arsed. It's due in in
    ten minutes, so I expect a reply real sharpish via E-Mail as I never read
    the newsgroups.

    The UK National Lottery consists of a random drawing of 6 unique numbers
    from a possible 64. Using the results from the twice-weekly draws over the
    last year, Neural Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Chaos Theory and a
    large mug of tea (Earl Grey, no sugar, twist of lemon), write a program in
    Z80 assembler to predict the next result.

    Test your program by entering the lottery for real. If your program works,
    you'll be rich and never darken my doorstep again. If your program doesn't
    work, then you'll fail the course so needn't bother handing anything in.

    Paul S. Ganney
    * Of course, to do this properly I should have cross-posted to 80 or so
    other newsgroups. I was too afraid someone in rec.nerds.vb.games.doom-clones
    might take it seriously...
    Expressed opinions are usually my own.
    Especially if they're any good (of course).

    [This is a repost of a classic from 1998/03/31...]

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Apr 1, 2004