    NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

    , Apr 1, 2006

    A Propriatary Languige Is An Oxymorron!!!! A propriatary OS is An
    Oxymoron!!!! Take Pro-DOS for example A Knock-off of MS-DOG, the worst
    operating system it did not use ONE IOTA OF MS CODE BUT IT was a
    sucsefull knockoff. same thing will happen to JAVA!!!!

    GEORGE ROGERS

    , Apr 1, 2006

  3. <> wrote in message
    > Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
    > <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
    > alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
    > Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
    > a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
    > released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
    > NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    > FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

    Dear Mr Troll,

    There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.

    And just because Sun's Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.

    Now go get a life.

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Apr 1, 2006
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    On 31 Mar 2006 20:59:16 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
    ><i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
    >alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
    >Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
    >a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
    >released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
    >NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    >FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

    If you can't even spell, how do you hope to create a language better
    than Java?

    Oxymoron? Look that up in the dictionary.

    Why NOT open source? Check how many upturned turtle icons there are
    in the Java glossary next to free software. Without money coming in
    to support it, the project dies when the original author gets bored.

    Java has a standard, see the JLS see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jls.html
    What it lacks is an INDEPENDENT standards body. However Java is in
    much tighter shape than C++, SQL or any of the languages that DO have
    a standards body.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Apr 1, 2006
  5. Luc The Perverse wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
    > > <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
    > > alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
    > > Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
    > > a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
    > > released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
    > > NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    > > FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron
    > >

    > Dear Mr Troll,
    >
    > There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.

    Dumbass! If you knew anything you would know that GNU stands for "GNU
    is Not Upen source." That is why the Coo De Tar project is vital. It
    uses a "WINDOWS Is Nifty, Dependable, Open, and WINDOWS Source"
    (WINDOWS) license which is uber-open source.

    > And just because Sun's Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.

    Sun's JAVA is uber-proprietary.

    > Now go get a life.

    Check your calendar!

    Furious George, Apr 1, 2006
  6. steve Guest

    On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:06:52 +0800, Luc The Perverse wrote
    (in article <>):

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
    >> <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
    >> alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
    >> Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
    >> a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
    >> released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
    >> NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    >> FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron
    >>

    > Dear Mr Troll,
    >
    > There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.
    >
    > And just because Sun's Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.
    >
    > Now go get a life.
    >
    > --
    > LTP

    it's April 1st remember

    steve, Apr 1, 2006
  7. "steve" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:06:52 +0800, Luc The Perverse wrote
    > (in article <>):
    >
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
    >>> <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
    >>> alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
    >>> Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
    >>> a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
    >>> released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
    >>> NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    >>> FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron
    >>>

    >> Dear Mr Troll,
    >>
    >> There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.
    >>
    >> And just because Sun's Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.
    >>
    >> Now go get a life.
    >>
    >> --
    >> LTP
    >>

    > it's April 1st remember

    Ah! Thank you

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Apr 2, 2006
  8. Alex Hunsley Guest

    wrote:
    > Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
    > <i>Coo De Tar</i>
    > thats french for Blow of state

    No, "Coup d'├ętat" is French.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup

    > it is a flash/java
    > alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
    > Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
    > a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
    > released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
    > NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    > FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

    Your AOL is showing. Badly.

    Alex Hunsley, Apr 2, 2006

    I love messages like this! Just when I think I'm about the dumbest
    person in the World, someone comes in and sets a brand new all-time
    low. Good Job, Dude.

    But call your kickin' ~ditrabation~, "Cooty Tar", or something. That
    will insulate all newbies to this list from a lifetime of idiocy. You
    have done us all a great service. Watch out for alcohol poisoning. It
    important</stupid>.

    wrote:
    > Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
    > <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
    > alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
    > Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
    > a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
    > released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
    > NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    > FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

    , Apr 3, 2006
  10. Dean G. Guest

    wrote:
    > Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
    > <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
    > alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
    > Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
    > a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
    > released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
    > NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
    > FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

    Wait, you aren't going far enough. All intellectual property is an
    afont. You must stop using all patented devices, all copyrighted
    materials, and all tradmarked names. Also, if you know any trade
    secrets, you must stop using and condoning them as well.

    Of course this means you must stop driving cars, for every car has
    patented devices. Even many bicycles are so encumbered, so you might
    need to walk. But be careful, many shoes are also patented and
    trademarked. God only knows if they also use trade secrets as well, but
    ignorance is bliss.

    You will also find that such devices as microwaves are truely evil. Not
    only are they patented, but they also use closed source software to
    operate the device. The chips that run this code are very likely
    patented as well. Finally, the manual may be copyrighted. No honorable
    human being could even consider using such a device as they offend
    every ideal we stand for.

    While I am typing this, I realised that my computer uses a patented
    CPU, and the BIOS itself is not open source. I will need to switch to
    an open CPU design, and find an open source BIOS. I will need to be
    very careful not to utilize an evil closed source driver for any of my
    peripherals, and be certain that none of the devices are patented. This
    means I will need to use technology that is 17 years old or more, so I
    expect to be back online soo with a 300 baud modem. I'm not sure if
    Fast Page Mode memory is free yet, so I will use an iron core memory
    just to be sure. I will need to solder together my own devices, as even
    though the patents have expired, the old devices are still encumbered
    by trademarks. I'll get back to you in 20 years after I have removed
    the last traces of evil intellectual property from my life.

    So long commrad,

    Dean G.

    Dean G., Apr 6, 2006
  11. geletine Guest

    Nobody has mentioned that c was proprietary until richard stallman
    wrote gcc in 1987, c is a great for system programming. Just because
    something is originally proprietary does not mean its technically
    rubbish, there are plenty of merits in java escially for new
    programmers or anyone who wants to get a program going very quickly.
    Gcj at the moment can do most tasks apart from swing gui, i believe Awt
    is well supported.

    To further my position, without the proprietary(it was licenced on a
    liberal account at the time) UNIX created in bell labs, they would
    possibly not be linux.

    Miguel de Icaza started implemening mono as he too saw technical
    advantages in .net, he is freeing the language in my opinion.

    Technology is just as important as polictics, hopefully i am well
    understood

    geletine, Apr 8, 2006
  12. Harry George Guest

    "geletine" <> writes:

    > Nobody has mentioned that c was proprietary until richard stallman
    > wrote gcc in 1987, c is a great for system programming. Just because
    > something is originally proprietary does not mean its technically
    > rubbish, there are plenty of merits in java escially for new
    > programmers or anyone who wants to get a program going very quickly.
    > Gcj at the moment can do most tasks apart from swing gui, i believe Awt
    > is well supported.
    >
    > To further my position, without the proprietary(it was licenced on a
    > liberal account at the time) UNIX created in bell labs, they would
    > possibly not be linux.
    >
    > Miguel de Icaza started implemening mono as he too saw technical
    > advantages in .net, he is freeing the language in my opinion.
    >
    > Technology is just as important as polictics, hopefully i am well
    > understood

    With or without licensing issues, Java causes technical heartburn to
    those accustomed to Python. Adding to that the fact that OSS
    developers are sceptical of Sun's strategies (the message changes as
    Java's fortunes rise and fall), and you get a significant pushback.

    I read Mono as a challenge to Microsoft: You claim this is open? Ok,
    we'll implement it and then see where the submarine patents pop up.

    Why would I want to let one company's abstract model sit between my
    code and every piece of hardware I wish to touch?

    --
    Harry George
    PLM Engineering Architecture

    Harry George, Apr 10, 2006