Do not want wrap around

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dave Kelly, Dec 24, 2007.

  1. Dave Kelly

    Dave Kelly Guest

    Dave Kelly, Dec 24, 2007

  2. Dave Kelly

    rf Guest

    rf, Dec 24, 2007

  3. Dave Kelly

    Dave Kelly Guest

    On Dec 24, 12:20 am, "rf" <> wrote:

    > 404

    I get that a lot. If I can get the officers of the club to act I am
    going to change servers.

    Thanks for trying.
    Dave

    Dave Kelly, Dec 24, 2007
  4. Blinky the Shark, Dec 24, 2007
  5. Dave Kelly

    dorayme Guest

    In article <XcIbj.27290$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > "Dave Kelly" <> wrote in message
    > > How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
    > > division?
    > >
    > > Go here to see my problem.
    > > http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

    > 404

    I get it fine. But I feel I need to leave this one with you
    Richard...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Dec 24, 2007
  6. Dave Kelly

    Sean Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:10:27 -0800, Dave Kelly wrote:

    > How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
    > division?
    >
    > Go here to see my problem.
    > http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html
    >
    > TIA
    > Dave

    I would specify a static width of you nav div and set the nav's height to
    100%.

    #navigation {
    width: 200px;
    height: 100%;
    }

    Now you have a constant width going down the entire page.

    Sean, Dec 24, 2007
  7. Dave Kelly

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 24 Dec 2007 07:40:05
    GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    > rf wrote:
    >

    >> "Dave Kelly" <> wrote in message
    >>> How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
    >>> division?
    >>>
    >>> Go here to see my problem.
    >>> http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

    >> 404

    > It's up now.

    Mine, too.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Dec 24, 2007
  8. Dave Kelly wrote:
    > How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
    > division?
    >
    > Go here to see my problem.
    > http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

    Thai is how floats are *supposed* to work where the non-floated content
    flows around the float.

    You could increase your left margin on the content you want to offset.

    #centercol {
    position:relative;
    padding:0 20px;
    margin-left:220px <-- Add this