    tutorials use VBScript ?

    Do any exist without DIM, CInt etc ?

    Bit of a small, unimportant questions i guess but just wondering...

    alan, Jun 20, 2006

  2. > I've been looking to do basic recordset paging using asp and
    > javascript. Can anyone explain why , as far as I can tell, all the
    > tutorials use VBScript ?

    Probably because a very large majority of the people who use ASP use
    VBScript as the scripting language.

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jun 20, 2006

  3. alan

    alan Guest

    I see...

    I'm working out of a wrox book, "beginning javascript" and theres
    nothing in there about paging either...

    cheers anyway..

    alan, Jun 20, 2006
  4. alan wrote:
    > I see...
    >
    > I'm working out of a wrox book, "beginning javascript" and theres
    > nothing in there about paging either...

    Everything you see being done in vbscript can also be done in
    javascript. It's just a matter of translation.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 20, 2006