Do Until Loop problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by .Net Sports, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. .Net Sports

    .Net Sports Guest

    I am trying to display records from a recordset after sql statement:

    <% sqlstr ="SELECT horsename FROM tblhorseentry WHERE trackname = '" &
    request.querystring("trackname") & "' and racedate = '" &
    request.querystring("racedate");"

    Set rs1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

    rs1.Open sqlstr,pConn,3

    do until rs1.eof

    response.write left(rs1("horsename"),14)

    rno = rno + 1
    rtg = rtg + 1

    rs1.Close
    set rs1 = nothing
    loop %>

    ...but when I test the querystring link going into the page with the asp
    scripting, I do not see my horsename(s) display; it just echoes a blank
    webpage

    ??
    E.M.
    .Net Sports, Feb 25, 2005