Do Usenet news have to be the way they are?

Discussion in 'C++' started by lbrtchx@hotmail.com, Aug 12, 2007.

  1. Guest

    ~
    a while ago I read an interview with Bjarne Stroustrup's in which he
    said he was working on a protocol to improve Usenet news. I wonder
    what happened to that project
    ~
    the idea behind the implementation of a model and GUI facilitating
    the interchange of opinions among a number of participants about a
    certain topic that ends up naturally building a common-pool resource
    is worthy, I think
    ~
    common-pool resources tend to be abused, but collaborative filtering
    and ranking could help easing collaboration, keeping abuses to a
    minimum, as well as keeping parties productively and creatively
    engaged
    ~
    Do you know of any technically sound work (theoretical or
    implementations) on improving Usenet newsgroups or any such bulleting
    board-like communicative interactions?
    ~
    thanks
    lbrtchx