Do we always have to use the HtmlTextWriter to create the control?

msnews.microsoft.com

Hello Everybody,

Do we always have to use the HtmlTextWriter to create the control?

Can we not use the overriden CreateChildControl to create the control?

Is there any samples available?

Thanks
Anand

msnews.microsoft.com

Thanks a lot Karl. This is useful.

Karl Seguin said:
No you don't always have to.

Yes you can use CreateChildControls

Yes there are many examples which can be found via a google search for
CreateChildControls the most obvious being the documentation for
CreateChildControls:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...webuicontrolclasscreatechildcontrolstopic.asp

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=CreateChildControls+custom+server+control&btnG=Search

Karl