Do you enjoy programming using J2EE Web?

www.douglassdavis.com

For those who like programming using J2EE web, What are it's best
features as you see it?

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

www.douglassdavis.com said:
For those who like programming using J2EE web, What are it's best
features as you see it?

The 100 different frameworks to choose from and be an ardent fanboy
of.

http://www.douglassdavis.com

Tor said:
The 100 different frameworks to choose from and be an ardent fanboy
of.

Thanks for your reply.

So, does any one else enjoy programming in J2EE? Or is it more just
that it's part of your job description?

Thomas Hawtin

http://www.douglassdavis.com said:
So, does any one else enjoy programming in J2EE? Or is it more just
that it's part of your job description?

I think there's a problem that if you're writing something for J2EE that
application is likely to be some deadly-dull run-of-the-mill business
app exactly the same as everyone else's.

I've completely avoided that. (And for the last few years any other sort
of work.). From my experience of web-centric J2EE (Servlets+JSP+JSP
tags, no brain dead JSPs), the enjoyable thing is that it's Java.
There's nothing inherently interesting in the J2EE APIs. Other than a
morbid curiosity about how something (EJB) could be so brain dead.

Tom Hawtin

Aquila Deus

http://www.douglassdavis.com said:
Thanks for your reply.

So, does any one else enjoy programming in J2EE? Or is it more just
that it's part of your job description?

Yes, I think it's very flexible and powerful compared to .NET or other
alternative solutions.

Stephan Eggermont

In comp.lang.java.programmer www.douglassdavis.com said:
For those who like programming using J2EE web, What are it's best
features as you see it?

Great buzzwords, and enough complexity to stay employed forever.

Stephan