Do you use Google's blogger?

yongar

I am a blogger myself.
I find blogger.com is easy to create and manage instead installing
configuring software on my host.

If you are not using blogger.com for you blog?
What do you use?

yongar

yongar.com

Roy Schestowitz

yongar said:
I am a blogger myself.
I find blogger.com is easy to create and manage instead installing
configuring software on my host.

If you are not using blogger.com for you blog?
What do you use?

Hi, quite (OT), but have a look at the ubergreat WordPress which is free. It
is also very easy to install and manage.

Karl Core

yongar said:
I am a blogger myself.
I find blogger.com is easy to create and manage instead installing
configuring software on my host.

If you are not using blogger.com for you blog?
What do you use?

Wrote my own.
Too bad I'm too busy/ lazy to actually put up any entries.

SpaceGirl

yongar said:
I am a blogger myself.
I find blogger.com is easy to create and manage instead installing
configuring software on my host.

If you are not using blogger.com for you blog?
What do you use?

yongar

yongar.com

Hmm I use livejournal a bit. But I have a new site going online soon and
I wrote my own blogger in ASP/SQLServer.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

yongar

Sorry
I was speaking to you, Karl.
Spacegirl wrote her(I supposed it is she from spaceGIRL) platform.
I was using group.google.com I clicked reply right below Karl's entry.
Sorry about the confusion.

Yongar
www.yongar.com

Barbara de Zoete

That's alright, but
I was speaking to you, Karl.

My name is not Karl :-D
I was using group.google.com I clicked reply right below Karl's entry.
Sorry about the confusion.

If that last sentence has any truth in it, go get an account with
<http://www.individual.net/> (free) for a good newsserver and get something like
<http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/> for a useful news client. No more
confusion from the moment you start using appropriate tools for participating in
usenet.

Barbara de Zoete

Well, Barbara,
Thanks for the info.

Please do something with it, will you? And untill you start using a proper tool,
will you please hand copy the bits you reply to? Not just for now (there are
many situations where a reply will not show up right next to the previous post
it replies to), but also for archiving purposes (one of the uses for usenet is
the archive of its posts, thus a post should be self supporting in communicating
its information).
What do you use for your blog?

My mind (including knowledge on html and css) and TextPad. Why do you ask?

Blinky the Shark

yongar wrote:

[stuff, without any quoting]

Get a real news client .

It seems like GoogleGroups September, all over Usenet today. Worse
than usual.

yongar

Barbara said:
Please do something with it, will you? And untill you start using a proper tool,
will you please hand copy the bits you reply to? Not just for now (there are
many situations where a reply will not show up right next to the previous post
it replies to), but also for archiving purposes (one of the uses for usenet is
the archive of its posts, thus a post should be self supporting in communicating
its information).

I am trying here, please, don't get mad.
Is this how I am supposed to reply?
My mind (including knowledge on html and css) and TextPad.

So you are just writing plain html and css without using any database?
Why do you ask?

just to see what options I have.

Barbara de Zoete

Is this how I am supposed to reply?

Much better. Thank you.
So you are just writing plain html and css without using any database?

Yes. I've made a template in TextPad and with a few clicks a new item is
inserted. I type in my text, copy and paste it to all other files I want the
item to show up in and upload the lot. Done.
If all is simple and small (like with my site), this is easy to do. If a site
gets bigger or the update frequency of the blog is high (or both), this may be
too much work to maintain the blog properly.
Besides that, the css ofcourse only needs to be written once. That is, until I
get it in my mind I want to change the looks of my site (including that of my
blog).
just to see what options I have.

Okay. What did you come up with so far?
- writing plain html and css
- (free) blog server side maintaining/updating
- (free) blog client side updating and uploading
- what else is there?