    What do you use?

    yongar

    yongar.com
    yongar, Jan 10, 2005

  2. yongar wrote:

    > I am a blogger myself.
    > I find blogger.com is easy to create and manage instead installing
    > configuring software on my host.
    >
    > If you are not using blogger.com for you blog?
    > What do you use?

    Hi, quite (OT), but have a look at the ubergreat WordPress which is free. It
    is also very easy to install and manage.

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Jan 10, 2005

  3. yongar

    Karl Core Guest

    "yongar" <> wrote in message
    >I am a blogger myself.
    > I find blogger.com is easy to create and manage instead installing
    > configuring software on my host.
    >
    > If you are not using blogger.com for you blog?
    > What do you use?

    Wrote my own.
    Too bad I'm too busy/ lazy to actually put up any entries.

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    Karl Core, Jan 10, 2005
  4. yongar

    Neal Guest

    http://wordpress.org/
    Neal, Jan 10, 2005
  5. yongar

    SpaceGirl Guest

    yongar wrote:
    > I am a blogger myself.
    > I find blogger.com is easy to create and manage instead installing
    > configuring software on my host.
    >
    > If you are not using blogger.com for you blog?
    > What do you use?
    >
    > yongar
    >
    > yongar.com

    Hmm I use livejournal a bit. But I have a new site going online soon and
    I wrote my own blogger in ASP/SQLServer.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jan 10, 2005
  6. yongar

    yongar Guest

    What did you build your blogger with?
    ASP/MS SQL?
    yongar, Jan 10, 2005
  7. yongar

    Karl Core Guest

    Karl Core, Jan 11, 2005
  8. yongar

    yongar Guest

    Sorry
    I was speaking to you, Karl.
    Spacegirl wrote her(I supposed it is she from spaceGIRL) platform.
    I was using group.google.com I clicked reply right below Karl's entry.
    Sorry about the confusion.

    Yongar
    www.yongar.com
    yongar, Jan 11, 2005
  9. On 11 Jan 2005 14:18:32 -0800, yongar <> wrote:

    > Sorry

    That's alright, but

    > I was speaking to you, Karl.

    My name is not Karl :-D

    > I was using group.google.com I clicked reply right below Karl's entry.
    > Sorry about the confusion.

    If that last sentence has any truth in it, go get an account with
    <http://www.individual.net/> (free) for a good newsserver and get something like
    <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/> for a useful news client. No more
    confusion from the moment you start using appropriate tools for participating in
    usenet.

    Barbara de Zoete, Jan 11, 2005
  10. yongar

    yongar Guest

    Well, Barbara,
    Thanks for the info.
    What do you use for your blog?

    Yongar

    www.yongar.com
    yongar, Jan 11, 2005
  11. On 11 Jan 2005 14:42:56 -0800, yongar <> wrote:

    > Well, Barbara,
    > Thanks for the info.

    Please do something with it, will you? And untill you start using a proper tool,
    will you please hand copy the bits you reply to? Not just for now (there are
    many situations where a reply will not show up right next to the previous post
    it replies to), but also for archiving purposes (one of the uses for usenet is
    the archive of its posts, thus a post should be self supporting in communicating
    its information).

    > What do you use for your blog?

    My mind (including knowledge on html and css) and TextPad. Why do you ask?

    Barbara de Zoete, Jan 11, 2005
  12. yongar wrote:

    [stuff, without any quoting]

    Get a real news client .

    It seems like GoogleGroups September, all over Usenet today. Worse
    than usual.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 11, 2005
  13. yongar

    yongar Guest

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    > On 11 Jan 2005 14:42:56 -0800, yongar <> wrote:
    >
    > > Well, Barbara,
    > > Thanks for the info.

    > Please do something with it, will you? And untill you start using a

    proper tool,
    > will you please hand copy the bits you reply to? Not just for now

    (there are
    > many situations where a reply will not show up right next to the

    > it replies to), but also for archiving purposes (one of the uses for

    usenet is
    > the archive of its posts, thus a post should be self supporting in

    communicating
    > its information).

    I am trying here, please, don't get mad.
    Is this how I am supposed to reply?

    > > What do you use for your blog?
    > >

    > My mind (including knowledge on html and css) and TextPad.

    So you are just writing plain html and css without using any database?
    > Why do you ask?

    just to see what options I have.
    yongar, Jan 11, 2005
  14. yongar

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle yongar scribbled in the mud:

    > I am trying here, please, don't get mad.
    > Is this how I am supposed to reply?

    Yes. :)

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR
    Duende, Jan 12, 2005
  15. On 11 Jan 2005 15:22:39 -0800, yongar <> wrote:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >> On 11 Jan 2005 14:42:56 -0800, yongar <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Well, Barbara,
    >> > Thanks for the info.

    >> Please do something with it, will you? And untill you start using a
    >> proper tool,
    >> will you please hand copy the bits you reply to?
    >>

    > Is this how I am supposed to reply?

    Much better. Thank you.

    >>> What do you use for your blog?
    >>>

    >> My mind (including knowledge on html and css) and TextPad.

    > So you are just writing plain html and css without using any database?

    Yes. I've made a template in TextPad and with a few clicks a new item is
    inserted. I type in my text, copy and paste it to all other files I want the
    item to show up in and upload the lot. Done.
    If all is simple and small (like with my site), this is easy to do. If a site
    gets bigger or the update frequency of the blog is high (or both), this may be
    too much work to maintain the blog properly.
    Besides that, the css ofcourse only needs to be written once. That is, until I
    get it in my mind I want to change the looks of my site (including that of my
    blog).

    >> Why do you ask?

    > just to see what options I have.

    Okay. What did you come up with so far?
    - writing plain html and css
    - (free) blog server side maintaining/updating
    - (free) blog client side updating and uploading
    - what else is there?

    Barbara de Zoete, Jan 12, 2005
  16. yongar

    Roseb441702 Guest

    >> I find blogger.com is easy to create and manage instead installing
    >> configuring software on my host.
    >>
    >> If you are not using blogger.com for you blog?
    >> What do you use?

    I do use blogger.com.

    http://roseb44170.blogspot.com

    I find that it is easies to use (or maybe I'm just used to it). One of the big
    advantages is that I can email my entry instead of having to use my browser.

    I do wish that they would allow for categories but hey I guess you can't have
    everything?

    Rose
    http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/grants.htm
    Grant Basics - 101