Do you work with pages that have different 'modes' ?

Matt Swift

I would like to know, how many people when designing asp.net apps, break
down pages into components (user controls) and use them repeatedly in
different panels etc.

We tend to make parts of a page visible/invisible using a property or method
in the codebehind and then make one page seem like it's actually a number of
differnet (but similar) pages, when different page-functionality would
usually continue quite smoothly and use a lot of the same user controls.

Is this a good way of working with asp.net. Lately I'm finding it may not
be the best approach for using the UIPAB (User Interface Process Application
Block) as the logic and actually asp.net components need to be seperated as
much as possible.

Any thoughts on how you guys might do similar stuff would be appreciated.

Matt Swift