DocBook extensions and Ant

Thomas Kellerer

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup, but I feel it is more
approriate then comp.lang.java.*

I'm writing documentation with DocBook and I'm converting the xml file
through an Ant XSLT task. This works fine although I'm really not very
experienced with XSLT.

Now I want to use the <textdata> tag in my DocBook xml to include a
different (=external) file. The DocBook manual says that I need to enable
the extensions for DocBook in order to make this task work.

I then included a classpath reference in my ant task to point to the
xalan2.jar which comes with DocBook and is supposed to support the
insertfile extension. As to my understanding (as I said I'm pretty new to
XML and XSLT) the processor included in JDK 1.4.2 is a Xalan one.
I set the approriate parameters for the XSLT call, but whenever I start my
build script I get an error that no extension could be found.

I thought maybe the JDK 1.4.2 built in XSLT processor might *not* be Xalan.
So I pointed the classpath for the ant XSLT task to include the Xalan2
distribution, but I still get that error message.

I'm not really sure what I'm missing here. So if anyone could point me in
the right direction...

I actually found a way to include my external file into my DocBook xml (via
an entity declaration) but somehow I'd like to get the "proper" solution to
work (using the tag designed for it).

Thanks in advance
Thomas