Docbook question

Michael Struck

Hi,

can anybody give me a source code example of

docbook version 5 with a MathML formula and SVG image

I don`t understand, how to include.
By the way, anybody here using docbook ver5 wit dblatex?

thx

Joe Kesselman

docbook version 5 with a MathML formula and SVG image

Use the namespaces to distinguish which of these languages each element
(and attribute, if necessary) belongs to.

Writing the document is easy enough; the challenge is going to be
finding a processor which can render the combined document. I haven't
looked recently so I don't have any idea how common those have become.

Michael Struck

Joe said:
Use the namespaces to distinguish which of these languages each element
(and attribute, if necessary) belongs to.

That means, for every formula i have to include the "xmlns" namespace as
attribut, like

<math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"> ... </math>

or for all elements in the doctype declaration

<set xml:lang="de" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" version="5.0"
xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
Writing the document is easy enough; the challenge is going to be
finding a processor which can render the combined document. I haven't
looked recently so I don't have any idea how common those have become.

Is there at the time a working set up for docbook with mathml and svg
orienting at the 1.71 stylesheets? And which processor? saxon 8(xslt
2.0) or 6. It's a bit confusing. Is there a parser validating
docbook.rng with mathml.rng and how to include the mathml.rng in the
docbook.xml file, that the parser reads it?

Help, I need somebody, Help ! ;-)

Joseph Kesselman

Michael said:
That means, for every formula i have to include the "xmlns" namespace as
attribut

Or bind the MathML and SVG namespaces to prefixes, and use those. (If
you don't know what I'm talking about, read an intro to XML namespaces.)
Is there at the time a working set up for docbook with mathml and svg
orienting at the 1.71 stylesheets? And which processor? saxon 8(xslt

Any implementation of XSLT can handle namespaced documents; what I'm not
sure is what tools are available for the next stage down the path, when
you're trying to produce a visual representation that combines MathML
and SVG with text.
> Is there a parser validating
docbook.rng with mathml.rng

I don't know what ".rng" files are. Any parser that knows how to
validate against XML Schemas should be able to handle documents that
intermix nodes from two schemas -- IF the schema for the outer document
permits "foreign" elements/attributes at the places where you want to
use them.