    I don`t understand, how to include.
    By the way, anybody here using docbook ver5 wit dblatex?

    thx
    Michael Struck, Oct 20, 2006

  2. > docbook version 5 with a MathML formula and SVG image

    Use the namespaces to distinguish which of these languages each element
    (and attribute, if necessary) belongs to.

    Writing the document is easy enough; the challenge is going to be
    finding a processor which can render the combined document. I haven't
    looked recently so I don't have any idea how common those have become.

    Joe Kesselman, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Joe Kesselman schrieb:

    > Use the namespaces to distinguish which of these languages each element
    > (and attribute, if necessary) belongs to.

    That means, for every formula i have to include the "xmlns" namespace as
    attribut, like

    <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"> ... </math>

    or for all elements in the doctype declaration

    <set xml:lang="de" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" version="5.0"
    xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">

    > Writing the document is easy enough; the challenge is going to be
    > finding a processor which can render the combined document. I haven't
    > looked recently so I don't have any idea how common those have become.

    Is there at the time a working set up for docbook with mathml and svg
    orienting at the 1.71 stylesheets? And which processor? saxon 8(xslt
    2.0) or 6. It's a bit confusing. Is there a parser validating
    docbook.rng with mathml.rng and how to include the mathml.rng in the
    docbook.xml file, that the parser reads it?

    Help, I need somebody, Help ! ;-)
    Michael Struck, Oct 20, 2006
  4. Michael Struck wrote:
    > That means, for every formula i have to include the "xmlns" namespace as
    > attribut

    Or bind the MathML and SVG namespaces to prefixes, and use those. (If
    you don't know what I'm talking about, read an intro to XML namespaces.)

    > Is there at the time a working set up for docbook with mathml and svg
    > orienting at the 1.71 stylesheets? And which processor? saxon 8(xslt

    Any implementation of XSLT can handle namespaced documents; what I'm not
    sure is what tools are available for the next stage down the path, when
    you're trying to produce a visual representation that combines MathML
    and SVG with text.

    > Is there a parser validating
    > docbook.rng with mathml.rng

    I don't know what ".rng" files are. Any parser that knows how to
    validate against XML Schemas should be able to handle documents that
    intermix nodes from two schemas -- IF the schema for the outer document
    permits "foreign" elements/attributes at the places where you want to
    use them.

    Joseph Kesselman, Oct 20, 2006