DocBook -> Word

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Matti_J=E4rvinen?=

Hi

I am trying to find a tool for converting XML Docbook to format that is
recognized by microsoft word. I have been trying combinations such as
(xsltproc, jfor) and (xalan, jfor), but the resulting rtf-documents have
crashed my word. With openoffice, I can open the files, but the
documents are malformed. Are there any (free) programs that con do the
conversion for me? I can convert DocBook to PDF, so a good PDF2RTF-tool
is also an option.

Michael Wiedmann

Matti said:
I am trying to find a tool for converting XML Docbook to format that is
recognized by microsoft word. I have been trying combinations such as

Look at the following XSL stylesheets (which will be incorporated into
the regular Docbook XSL stylesheets):

DocBook to WordML
http://www.zveno.com/open_source/dbk-wordml.html

"The DocBook project on SourceForge provides XSL stylesheets to produce
a number of output formats from DocBook source documents, such as HTML
and PDF. Engineers at Zveno have produced an XSL stylesheet to convert a
DocBook document into a MS Word doucment - this is done by transforming
into WordML, MS Office 2003's XML format."

Michael

Peter Flynn

Matti said:
Hi

I am trying to find a tool for converting XML Docbook to format that is
recognized by microsoft word.

Open the document in Word-11 using the DocBook Schema and Save As...Word,
I think.

You can do the same (using the DTD, not the Schema) in WordPerfect.

///Peter