    numbered one ?

    Thanks,
    Michael

    Michael Doubez, Jan 26, 2007

  2. Michael Doubez

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Michael Doubez wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to mix in the same document Parts that have automatically
    > numbered sections and parts which section are not numbered.

    Do the parts themselves still need to have a number (even if their child
    sections don't)?

    > Is there any out of the box way to locally suppress the automatic
    > numbering of section like in latex using \section*{} instead of
    > \section{} ?

    There is nothing in DocBook itself which specifies numbering or not:
    this is left to the stylesheet.

    > Or should I customize the XSLT with a new kind of section
    > (informalsection) ?
    > Or to using section for unnumered section ans Sect1/2/3/4/5 for
    > numbered one ?

    Rather than invent a new element type, you could [ab]use one of the
    existing attributes on the part element type to signal your intention to
    the stylesheet, eg <part status="unnumbered-sections">

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Jan 27, 2007