Docking windows

Mark

Are there any publically available Swing classes for docking windows? (I'm
not interested in commercial packages.....yet).

I'm rewriting a MDI-like application in Java Swing and would like to be able
to dock windows within the applications window.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

ak

Look at JToolBar, however it is not really good, better if you programm your
own or ask me to do it;-).

Regards Andrei

Karsten Lentzsch

Mark said:
Are there any publically available Swing classes
for docking windows? [...]

We plan to open source a professional windowing/docking
solution for Swing later this year at JavaDesktop.org.

Best regards,

tastle

A few months back I started where you did. There are docking
solutions, but they all cost some amount of money. (I haven't
encountered a free Toolkit yet...) Anyway, I coded my own docking
system as many others have. This link to a previous post should help
you out. You will need to understand docking concepts well (take time
to think about how docks work) and have a few different docking
applications to play with as you code.

Good luck.

http://groups.google.ca/[email protected]

Tim

Mr.Cube

Mark said:
Are there any publically available Swing classes for docking windows? (I'm
not interested in commercial packages.....yet).

Take a look at UIC. It's open source.

It' is at :
http://uic.sf.net

there are JavaWebStart samples at:
http://uic.sf.net/tutorials/toolbars-test.jnlp
and :
http://uic.sf.net/tutorials/toolbars-test2.jnlp

It was discussed on a Thread at JavaLobby :
http://www.javalobby.org/thread.jsp?forum=61&thread=8613&message=91770522&q=docking#91770522

Kees.