Doctor HTML: How many free single-page checks per day?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jack Crane, Oct 3, 2003.

  1. Jack Crane

    Jack Crane Guest

    Jack Crane, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Jack Crane

    brucie Guest

    In post <Xns940962AB358Ejdcrane7yahoocom@130.133.1.4>
    Jack Crane said...

    > Does anyone know how many free single-page checks per day you can do at
    > Doctor HTML?
    > http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

    <quote>
    Run as many single-page reports as you want (no per-day limits as with
    the public-access page).
    </quote> http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

    --
    03/October/2003 06:07:06 pm

    brucie, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Jack Crane

    Jack Crane Guest

    brucie <-html.org> wrote in news:eymnaaoe0d92.dlg@alt-
    html.org:

    > In post <Xns940962AB358Ejdcrane7yahoocom@130.133.1.4>
    > Jack Crane said...
    >
    >> Does anyone know how many free single-page checks per day you can do at
    >> Doctor HTML?
    >> http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

    > <quote>
    > Run as many single-page reports as you want (no per-day limits as with
    > the public-access page).
    > </quote> http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

    I thought I _was_ asking about the public-access page. If not, where is it?

    Jack

    Jack Crane, Oct 3, 2003
  4. Jack Crane

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Jack Crane <>
    writing in news:Xns940962AB358Ejdcrane7yahoocom@130.133.1.4:

    > Does anyone know how many free single-page checks per day you can do at
    > Doctor HTML?
    > http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jack Crane

    It's an interesting service, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. It seems
    to not understand XHTML Strict, and removes the DOCTYPE declaration. In
    addition, for the pages I submitted to it, its "squished" version was
    larger than my original.

    You're probably better off using the W3 validators for your markup, CSS,
    and links.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Adrienne <> wrote:

    > It's an interesting service, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. It
    > seems to not understand XHTML Strict, and removes the DOCTYPE
    > declaration. In addition, for the pages I submitted to it, its
    > "squished" version was larger than my original.

    The basic problem with Doctor HTML, as with many other checkers, is
    that it runs a mixture of subjective tests mostly and reports its
    opinion in a verbose but unclear manner. It really has strange ideas,
    like calling it a "font error" if a page's style sheet specifies "Times
    New Roman" or Arial as the value of a font-family attribute!

    In order to make use of those messages from Doctor HTML that could
    actually be useful, without getting confused with its misleading or
    plain wrong messages, you need to know HTML, CSS, and other things
    very well.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 8, 2003