Doctor HTML: How many free single-page checks per day?

Adrienne

Does anyone know how many free single-page checks per day you can do at
Doctor HTML?
http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

Thanks,

Jack Crane

It's an interesting service, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. It seems
to not understand XHTML Strict, and removes the DOCTYPE declaration. In
addition, for the pages I submitted to it, its "squished" version was
larger than my original.

You're probably better off using the W3 validators for your markup, CSS,
and links.

Jukka K. Korpela

Adrienne said:
It's an interesting service, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. It
seems to not understand XHTML Strict, and removes the DOCTYPE
declaration. In addition, for the pages I submitted to it, its
"squished" version was larger than my original.

The basic problem with Doctor HTML, as with many other checkers, is
that it runs a mixture of subjective tests mostly and reports its
opinion in a verbose but unclear manner. It really has strange ideas,
like calling it a "font error" if a page's style sheet specifies "Times
New Roman" or Arial as the value of a font-family attribute!

In order to make use of those messages from Doctor HTML that could
actually be useful, without getting confused with its misleading or
plain wrong messages, you need to know HTML, CSS, and other things
very well.