Doctype

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Damien RICHARD, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. How to modify the default doctype in asp.net page?
    I wish use xhtml 1.1 and not xhtml 1.0 transitional

    Damien RICHARD, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Salut Damien,

    The templates for pages are stored in a folder such as C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
    8\Common7\IDE\VWDExpress\ItemTemplates\Web\VisualBasic\1033 inside a .zip
    file.

    I've haven't tried it, but it looks like you could make a backup of the
    original zip, extract webform.aspx from the zip, substitute the doctype you
    want, and zip it up again.

    There seem to be a couple of similar folders (one for cached templates) so
    you might have to use trial and error to get the right one.

    Or, you mgiht want to create your own custom Visual Studio templates with
    the correct doctype. There's a procedure to do that here:

    Let us know how you make out?

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 2, 2006

  3. Hello,

    You must modify webform.aspx and webform_cb.aspx in the webform.zip stored
    in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
    8\Common7\IDE\VWDExpress\ItemTemplates\Web\VisualBasic\1033 and C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
    8\Common7\IDE\VWDExpress\ItemTemplatesCaches\Web\VisualBasic\1033\Webform.zip
    directories.

    message de news: ...

    Damien RICHARD, Aug 3, 2006
  4. With Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects, the directories are
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp
    and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
    8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache\CSharp\WebForm.zip

    Damien RICHARD, Aug 3, 2006
  5. Damien RICHARD

    Alan Silver Guest

    In article <>, Damien RICHARD
    <> writes
    >How to modify the default doctype in asp.net page?
    >I wish use xhtml 1.1 and not xhtml 1.0 transitional

    Why? According to the specs, XHTML 1.1 must be delivered with an XML
    mime type (as opposed to an HTML one), and this isn't supported in IE,
    which cuts out about 80% of the Internet public. I'm not sure it's
    supported in many other browsers for that matter.

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Aug 7, 2006