    user manual first? While preparing the doc in designing
    stage what are the steps that are followed?

    thanks!

    aspuser, Aug 11, 2003

  2. aspuser

    Ray at Guest

    This is something that you as the website owner, or your company needs to
    decide as part of its policies and procedures. The way things are explained
    where I work is, "If you get hit by a bus and we have to replace you..."

    Ray at home

    --
    Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

    Ray at, Aug 11, 2003

  3. aspuser

    aspuser Guest

    hey thanks ..but u got my question wrong!

    i want a sample document where you can mention your
    desinging issues. SHowing ur entity relationship diagrams,
    showing table entities and a summary of all the process
    related to the website devlopment.

    i hope i am clear?
    thanks

    aspuser, Aug 11, 2003
  4. aspuser

    aspuser Guest

    please ignore this question! i got the answer to it.

    thanks!

    aspuser, Aug 11, 2003
  5. aspuser

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:31:44 -0700, "aspuser" <>
    wrote:

    >When we start with building a new website do we prepare a
    >user manual first? While preparing the doc in designing
    >stage what are the steps that are followed?

    User manual...? :)

    This is one of those questions that has no answer, since you need to
    figure this out for your own organization and what works here may not
    work well there. Plus, "building a new website" could mean a six
    month programming project with a team of twenty or it could mean an
    eight-year-old and a copy of FrontPage for the weekend.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 11, 2003
  6. aspuser

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 01:12:58 -0400, "Ray at <%=sLocation%>"
    <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote:

    >This is something that you as the website owner, or your company needs to
    >decide as part of its policies and procedures. The way things are explained
    >where I work is, "If you get hit by a bus and we have to replace you..."

    Ours used to be "If you got hit by a beer truck..." until one of the
    supervisors actually got hit by a beer truck. :)

    (No injuries, but there's some silly state law that says you have to
    destroy the beer...)

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 11, 2003
  7. aspuser

    Randy Rahbar Guest

    > please ignore this question! i got the answer to it.

    I'm interested to know what your answer was, if you care to share.

    Randy

    Randy Rahbar, Aug 11, 2003
  8. aspuser

    Ray at Guest

    Not that I'm laughing at your supervisor's pain or anything, but that's
    really funny!

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Aug 11, 2003
  9. >where I work is, "If you get hit by a bus and we have to
    replace you..."

    Is the rest of that: "we want to replace you with the
    bosses son who just finished 'ASP Weekend Crash Course'"?

    :)

    John Beschler, Aug 11, 2003
  10. Does destroying by consumption count?
    :)
    John

    John Beschler, Aug 11, 2003
  11. aspuser

    Alan Guest

    Yeah - that bus really gets around...

    Alan, Aug 11, 2003
  12. aspuser

    aspuser Guest

    Hi ...

    I need to prepare the USer Requirement Specification
    document and Data Specification Manual. It should define
    the purpose, scope, system overview, process overview,
    data design (dfd's, erd's)!
    i guess my question was too vague. But being a newbie
    didnt realise it in the beginning
    thanks all ...

    aspuser, Aug 12, 2003