Document for Website Devlopment

aspuser

HI

When we start with building a new website do we prepare a
user manual first? While preparing the doc in designing
stage what are the steps that are followed?

thanks!

Ray at

This is something that you as the website owner, or your company needs to
decide as part of its policies and procedures. The way things are explained
where I work is, "If you get hit by a bus and we have to replace you..."

Ray at home

aspuser

hey thanks ..but u got my question wrong!

i want a sample document where you can mention your
desinging issues. SHowing ur entity relationship diagrams,
showing table entities and a summary of all the process
related to the website devlopment.

i hope i am clear?
thanks

Jeff Cochran

When we start with building a new website do we prepare a
user manual first? While preparing the doc in designing
stage what are the steps that are followed?

User manual...? :)

This is one of those questions that has no answer, since you need to
figure this out for your own organization and what works here may not
work well there. Plus, "building a new website" could mean a six
month programming project with a team of twenty or it could mean an
eight-year-old and a copy of FrontPage for the weekend.

Jeff

Jeff Cochran

This is something that you as the website owner, or your company needs to
decide as part of its policies and procedures. The way things are explained
where I work is, "If you get hit by a bus and we have to replace you..."

Ours used to be "If you got hit by a beer truck..." until one of the
supervisors actually got hit by a beer truck. :)

(No injuries, but there's some silly state law that says you have to
destroy the beer...)

Jeff

Randy Rahbar

please ignore this question! i got the answer to it.

I'm interested to know what your answer was, if you care to share.

Randy

Ray at

Not that I'm laughing at your supervisor's pain or anything, but that's
really funny!

Ray at work

John Beschler

where I work is, "If you get hit by a bus and we have to
replace you..."

Is the rest of that: "we want to replace you with the
bosses son who just finished 'ASP Weekend Crash Course'"?

:)

John Beschler

Does destroying by consumption count?
:)
John

Ours used to be "If you got hit by a beer truck..." until one of the
supervisors actually got hit by a beer truck. :)

(No injuries, but there's some silly state law that says you have to
destroy the beer...)

Jeff
.

Alan

Yeah - that bus really gets around...

Ray at said:
This is something that you as the website owner, or your company needs to
decide as part of its policies and procedures. The way things are explained
where I work is, "If you get hit by a bus and we have to replace you..."

Ray at home

aspuser

Hi ...

I need to prepare the USer Requirement Specification
document and Data Specification Manual. It should define
the purpose, scope, system overview, process overview,
data design (dfd's, erd's)!
i guess my question was too vague. But being a newbie
didnt realise it in the beginning
thanks all ...