Document Object Model Reference - DOM Reference

Sean

I am working on downloading the 39,070 posts in this group and should
be done when I wake up. I will read the FAQ then too.

That said, now I will embark on some newbe questions. First and
foremost, is anyone willing to share any recommendations on up to date
references on the DOM? Books, websites, or whatever would be helpful.
I am ideally looking for something one step higher level than the
standard.

Beyond that, does anyone know of a good informational link for browser
detection that is up to date. I have run into a small DOM issue with
getting browser dimensions and would like to deal with the fact that
the Mozilla/Firefox/NN do not remove the width of the scroll bar from
the value of document.body.clientWidth.

Thanks for putting up with newbe questions here.

enjoy your day,

Sean

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."

- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

Photo Archive @ http://www.tearnet.com/Sean

Deryck

Sean said:
I am working on downloading the 39,070 posts in this group and should
be done when I wake up. I will read the FAQ then too.
<SNIP>

Try the FAQ first, it really is very useful :)

http://www.jibbering.com/faq/

The answers to Q2.9 and Q3.1 and Q3.2 will probably be particularly relevant
to your query.

HTH

Deryck

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:18:58, seen in Sean

I am working on downloading the 39,070 posts in this group and should
be done when I wake up. I will read the FAQ then too.

Your service may hold a mere 39,070 posts; but yours was the 90,406th
post (in this group) received by my server since the last re-
initialisation of the count. I wonder how many Google has?

It is generally considered sufficient to have studied the newsgroup FAQ
(to answer common questions) and scanned its Notes, and to have looked
in the group to see if your specific question has been answered
recently.

The FAQ recommends Flanagan's books, and not using browser detection.

OTOH, ISTM that if, say, an Opera user has chosen to make his browser
claim to be Netscape 4.7, then that should be respected by executing
code suited to N4.7.