document.referer or visitor info

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by radiox, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. radiox

    radiox Guest

    Hi,

    I build a website who can monitor other website's visitors and build
    some reports.

    I use PHP/MySQL and Javascript.

    I am stucked at the point when I have to get the page where the visitor
    came from and also the keywords, if the visit was referred by a search
    engine.

    The second task I kinda have it done IF i will get the referrer string.

    I get always 'undefined' or current website's address.

    I use a .js file to get the screen resolutions, color, cpu etc.

    I have tested it both online and offline.

    Can anyone help?

    radiox, Apr 25, 2006

  2. radiox

    Randy Webb Guest

    radiox said the following on 4/25/2006 8:15 AM:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I build a website who can monitor other website's visitors and build
    > some reports.
    >
    > I use PHP/MySQL and Javascript.
    >
    > I am stucked at the point when I have to get the page where the visitor
    > came from and also the keywords, if the visit was referred by a search
    > engine.

    That should be interesting to say the least. It would be impossible
    without help from the search engine itself.

    > The second task I kinda have it done IF i will get the referrer string.
    >
    > I get always 'undefined' or current website's address.

    It is document.referrer, not document.referer, note the double r.

    > I use a .js file to get the screen resolutions, color, cpu etc.

    All of which is irrelevant.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Apr 25, 2006

  3. radiox

    radiox Guest

    thanks for your time
    i was changing many variables between php and javascript and it was my
    mistake actually.

    got it sorted

    radiox, Apr 25, 2006