document.write flash movie in Internet Explorer

Chuck

I am coding a few cases in javascript where I need to send values to
my flash file. Unfortunately I cannot get Internet Explorer (version
6) to read my <param> tag which includes the flash file reference
(code reference below). Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!

<OBJECT CLASSID=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000
CODEBASE="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
WIDTH=100 HEIGHT=100 ID="test">

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">
document.write('<PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="/flash/test.swf">');
</SCRIPT>

</OBJECT>