Documentation and Training Vancouver - The User Experience - April 18-21, 2007

Discussion in 'XML' started by Scott Abel, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. Scott Abel

    Scott Abel Guest

    The 8th Annual Documentation and Training Conference held for the first
    time on the west coast in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC. This year,
    we focus on the increasing importance of the user experience in our
    work as technical communication and training professionals.
    Specifically, we focus our energies on the new tools and emerging
    technologies that are changing customer expectations including:
    structured blogging, wikis, user-generated content, podcasting, hosted
    content management, YouTube, AJAX, Flex, the Semantic Web, DITA,
    S1000D, experience design, information architecture, and XML
    syndication. Each of these hot topics are creating new career
    opportunities for technical communicators and changing the expectations
    of the users we serve.

    The workshops, presentations, and roundtable discussions we have lined
    up for you are lead by the best and brightest practitioners in our
    industry. Each presenter has committed to providing you with a
    top-notch educational experience loaded with practical information that
    you can use when you return to work.

    Registration price includes FREE pre- and post-conference half-day
    workshops (Adobe Captivate, the Darwin Information Typing Architecture,
    Information Architecture, Taxonomy Development, and Managing and
    Delivering Dynamic, Personalized Content).

    Whether you can attend the entire show or not, you'll want to stop by
    our Technology Showcase -- it's free (thanks to the folks at Adobe
    Systems and Astoria Software). Our Technology Showcase is a one-stop
    shop for anyone looking for new software tools or services. Software
    vendors and service providers will be on hand to demonstrate their
    tools and tout their latest service offerings. And, of course, there's
    free food (and later in the day -- cocktails and music!)

    Our keynote speaker, angel investor and structured content guru Salim
    Ismail, rounds out the event. He will deliver an exciting and
    thought-provoking message about the future of the XML publish/subscribe
    model of content delivery and its impact on the way we work today and
    in the near future. Some of the many featured STC speakers include: Ann
    Rockley, Bernard Aschwanden, Neil Perlin, Rahel Bailie, Thom Haller,
    Char James-Tanny, Kit Brown, and Tom Johnson.

    Check out the schedule: http://www.doctrain.com

    Questions? Contact Scott Abel at 317-466-1840 or via email
    .

    Hope to see you there!

    Scott Abel
    The Content Wrangler, Inc.
    6178 Crittenden Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46220 USA
    +1 317-466-1840
    skype: abelsp
    email:
    web: www.thecontentwrangler.com

    DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING: THE USER EXPERIENCE
    APR 18-21, 2007 ~ Vancouver BC
    Learn more: http://www.doctrain.com

    Scott Abel, Jan 10, 2007