Documentation for Socket is not there!!!!!

sairam MP

I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
help me out of this??

Phrogz

Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
Linux FC4 using ri

Ah, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said. :)

It works fine for me:

Slim:~ gkistner$ ri Socket
---------------------------------------------------------- Class:
Socket
Class Socket provides access to the underlying operating system
socket implementations. It can be used to provide more operating
system specific functionality than the protocol-specific socket
classes but at the expense of greater complexity. In particular,
the class handles addresses using +struct sockaddr+ structures
[snip]

But I'm on MacOS X with my own build of Ruby 1.8.5. What version of
Ruby are you using?

ChrisKaelin

Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
Linux FC4 using ri

Ah, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said. :)

It works fine for me:

Slim:~ gkistner$ ri Socket
---------------------------------------------------------- Class:
Socket
Class Socket provides access to the underlying operating system
socket implementations. It can be used to provide more operating
system specific functionality than the protocol-specific socket
classes but at the expense of greater complexity. In particular,
the class handles addresses using +struct sockaddr+ structures
[snip]

But I'm on MacOS X with my own build of Ruby 1.8.5. What version of
Ruby are you using?

Works on (K)ubuntu too...

Eric Hodel

Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
Linux FC4 using ri

It most definitely gets generated on 1.8.5. You're either missing
some part of ruby or need to file a bug with your ruby packager.