    sairam MP Guest

    I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
    help me out of this??

    sairam MP, Mar 19, 2007

  2. Harold Hausman, Mar 19, 2007

  3. sairam MP

    sairam MP Guest

    Harold Hausman wrote:
    > On 3/19/07, sairam MP <> wrote:
    >> I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
    >> help me out of this??
    >>

    > Hello.
    >
    > Consider searching the web for the information you seek:
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby socket
    >
    > This was the _first_ result.
    > http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/index.html
    >
    > Hope that helps,
    > -Harold

    Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
    Linux FC4 using ri

    sairam MP, Mar 19, 2007
  4. sairam MP

    Phrogz Guest

    On Mar 19, 7:26 am, sairam MP <> wrote:
    > Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
    > Linux FC4 using ri

    Ah, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said. :)

    It works fine for me:

    Slim:~ gkistner$ ri Socket
    ---------------------------------------------------------- Class:
    Socket
    Class Socket provides access to the underlying operating system
    socket implementations. It can be used to provide more operating
    system specific functionality than the protocol-specific socket
    classes but at the expense of greater complexity. In particular,
    the class handles addresses using +struct sockaddr+ structures
    [snip]

    But I'm on MacOS X with my own build of Ruby 1.8.5. What version of
    Ruby are you using?

    Phrogz, Mar 19, 2007
  5. sairam MP

    ChrisKaelin Guest

    On 19 Mrz., 15:12, "Phrogz" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 19, 7:26 am, sairam MP <> wrote:
    >
    > > Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
    > > Linux FC4 using ri

    > Ah, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said. :)
    >
    > It works fine for me:
    >
    > Slim:~ gkistner$ ri Socket
    > ---------------------------------------------------------- Class:
    > Socket
    > Class Socket provides access to the underlying operating system
    > socket implementations. It can be used to provide more operating
    > system specific functionality than the protocol-specific socket
    > classes but at the expense of greater complexity. In particular,
    > the class handles addresses using +struct sockaddr+ structures
    > [snip]
    >
    > But I'm on MacOS X with my own build of Ruby 1.8.5. What version of
    > Ruby are you using?

    Works on (K)ubuntu too...

    ChrisKaelin, Mar 19, 2007
  6. sairam MP

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Mar 19, 2007, at 06:26, sairam MP wrote:
    > Harold Hausman wrote:
    >> On 3/19/07, sairam MP <> wrote:
    >>> I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs.
    >>> can any
    >>> help me out of this??
    >>>

    >> Hello.
    >>
    >> Consider searching the web for the information you seek:
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby socket
    >>
    >> This was the _first_ result.
    >> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/index.html
    >>
    >> Hope that helps,
    >> -Harold

    > Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
    > Linux FC4 using ri

    It most definitely gets generated on 1.8.5. You're either missing
    some part of ruby or need to file a bug with your ruby packager.

    Eric Hodel, Mar 20, 2007