    Can someone give me an advice which one to
    choose?

    Thomas

    Thomas Guettler, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Thomas Guettler

    Paul McGuire Guest

    "Thomas Guettler" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to create documentation in html
    > from docstrings. According to this URL,
    > there are many projects:
    >
    > http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/DocumentationTools
    >
    > * PyDoc, http://web.pydoc.org/
    > * DocUtils, http://docutils.sourceforge.net/ ReStructuredText

    processing engine
    > * EpyDoc, http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/
    > * HappyDoc, http://happydoc.sourceforge.net/
    > * PythonDoc - uses ReStructuredText input format, and can produce HTML

    and XML output. It uses XML as an intermediate representation, to simplify
    the addition of new output formats.
    http://starship.python.net/crew/danilo/pythondoc/
    > * Crystal - produces output that is similar to [Wiki]JavaDoc.
    > * EasyDoc - uses an HTML-like markup language, similar to the language

    used by [Wiki]JavaDoc; and produces HTML output
    (http://htmltmpl.sourceforge.net/easydoc.html)
    > * Teud, [EfnetPythonWiki]TeudProject
    >
    > Can someone give me an advice which one to
    > choose?
    >
    > Thomas

    I found EpyDoc *very* easy to use, and the results are beautiful!

    -- Paul

    Paul McGuire, Jun 21, 2004