Documenting the code itself

franky.backeljauw

Hello,

are there any (free) tools that can document not only the header and
functions, but also the code within the functions? I am currently using
doxygen, but I would like to be able to document the code within the
functions, so that if I convert it to e.g. LaTeX, I get a print with
source code intermixed with the actual algorithms and formulas used.

Thanks for any reply.

Regards,

Franky Backeljauw.

Peter van Merkerk

are there any (free) tools that can document not only the header and
functions, but also the code within the functions? I am currently using
doxygen, but I would like to be able to document the code within the
functions, so that if I convert it to e.g. LaTeX, I get a print with
source code intermixed with the actual algorithms and formulas used.

Doxygen can also be configured to include the source code in the
documentation.

Attila Feher

Peter said:
Doxygen can also be configured to include the source code in the
documentation.

Sure it can. But DoxyGen documents the interfaces while the OP wants to
document the source code such as algorithms etc.

Cedric LEMAIRE

are there any (free) tools that can document not only the header and
functions, but also the code within the functions?
I am currently using doxygen, but I would like to be able to document the
code within the functions, so that if I convert it to e.g. LaTeX, I get a
print with source code intermixed with the actual algorithms and formulas
used.
If you just want to print the C++ source file, intersperced with LaTex
explanations in your LaTeX document, I can provide you a free solution.
Write your "LaTeX" documentation in remarkable C++ comments, something like
/*{ ... LaTeX stuffs ... }*/
and, if you are interested, I'll send you (or post it here, it isn't so long)
a translation script written in CodeWorker (a LGPL scripting language for
applying generative programming in the development process, available
at "http://www.codeworker.org") that will translate your C++ source file to
LaTeX.
Better than that, in fact: you will have the capability to write something
like:
%##markup##"import_C++_file:myC++file1.cpp"
in your main LaTex document, and so, you will be able to integrate as many
explained C++ files as you wish.

Tell me if you are interested or if you want to test the result.

franky.backeljauw

If you just want to print the C++ source file, intersperced with LaTex
explanations in your LaTeX document, I can provide you a free solution.
Write your "LaTeX" documentation in remarkable C++ comments, something like
/*{ ... LaTeX stuffs ... }*/
and, if you are interested, I'll send you (or post it here, it isn't so long)
a translation script written in CodeWorker (a LGPL scripting language for
applying generative programming in the development process, available
at "http://www.codeworker.org") that will translate your C++ source file to
LaTeX.
[..]
Tell me if you are interested or if you want to test the result.

Yes, I am interested indeed ... Could you sent me the script, and if
possible an example file, so I can see it immediately? I would appreciate
it very much.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Franky Backeljauw

Cedric LEMAIRE

If you just want to print the C++ source file, intersperced with LaTex
explanations in your LaTeX document, I can provide you a free solution.
Write your "LaTeX" documentation in remarkable C++ comments, something like
/*{ ... LaTeX stuffs ... }*/
and, if you are interested, I'll send you (or post it here, it isn't so long)
a translation script written in CodeWorker (a LGPL scripting language for
applying generative programming in the development process, available
at "http://www.codeworker.org") that will translate your C++ source file to
LaTeX.
[..]
Tell me if you are interested or if you want to test the result.

Yes, I am interested indeed ... Could you sent me the script, and if
possible an example file, so I can see it immediately? I would appreciate
it very much.
I'll send the script and an example to your personal email.