    Regards,

    Franky Backeljauw.

    , Sep 1, 2003

  2. > are there any (free) tools that can document not only the header and
    > functions, but also the code within the functions? I am currently

    using
    > doxygen, but I would like to be able to document the code within the
    > functions, so that if I convert it to e.g. LaTeX, I get a print with
    > source code intermixed with the actual algorithms and formulas used.

    Doxygen can also be configured to include the source code in the
    documentation.

    --
    Peter van Merkerk
    peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

    Peter van Merkerk, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Attila Feher Guest

    Peter van Merkerk wrote:
    >> are there any (free) tools that can document not only the header and
    >> functions, but also the code within the functions? I am currently
    >> using doxygen, but I would like to be able to document the code
    >> within the functions, so that if I convert it to e.g. LaTeX, I get a
    >> print with source code intermixed with the actual algorithms and
    >> formulas used.

    > Doxygen can also be configured to include the source code in the
    > documentation.

    Sure it can. But DoxyGen documents the interfaces while the OP wants to
    document the source code such as algorithms etc.

    --
    Attila aka WW

    Attila Feher, Sep 1, 2003
  4. wrote in message news:<>...
    > are there any (free) tools that can document not only the header and
    > functions, but also the code within the functions?
    > I am currently using doxygen, but I would like to be able to document the
    > code within the functions, so that if I convert it to e.g. LaTeX, I get a
    > print with source code intermixed with the actual algorithms and formulas
    > used.

    If you just want to print the C++ source file, intersperced with LaTex
    explanations in your LaTeX document, I can provide you a free solution.
    Write your "LaTeX" documentation in remarkable C++ comments, something like
    /*{ ... LaTeX stuffs ... }*/
    and, if you are interested, I'll send you (or post it here, it isn't so long)
    a translation script written in CodeWorker (a LGPL scripting language for
    applying generative programming in the development process, available
    at "http://www.codeworker.org") that will translate your C++ source file to
    LaTeX.
    Better than that, in fact: you will have the capability to write something
    like:
    %##markup##"import_C++_file:myC++file1.cpp"
    in your main LaTex document, and so, you will be able to integrate as many
    explained C++ files as you wish.

    Tell me if you are interested or if you want to test the result.

    Cedric LEMAIRE, Sep 1, 2003

    On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Cedric LEMAIRE wrote:

    > If you just want to print the C++ source file, intersperced with LaTex
    > explanations in your LaTeX document, I can provide you a free solution.
    > Write your "LaTeX" documentation in remarkable C++ comments, something like
    > /*{ ... LaTeX stuffs ... }*/
    > and, if you are interested, I'll send you (or post it here, it isn't so long)
    > a translation script written in CodeWorker (a LGPL scripting language for
    > applying generative programming in the development process, available
    > at "http://www.codeworker.org") that will translate your C++ source file to
    > LaTeX.
    > [..]
    > Tell me if you are interested or if you want to test the result.

    Yes, I am interested indeed ... Could you sent me the script, and if
    possible an example file, so I can see it immediately? I would appreciate
    it very much.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Franky Backeljauw

    , Sep 2, 2003
  6. wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Cedric LEMAIRE wrote:
    >
    > > If you just want to print the C++ source file, intersperced with LaTex
    > > explanations in your LaTeX document, I can provide you a free solution.
    > > Write your "LaTeX" documentation in remarkable C++ comments, something like
    > > /*{ ... LaTeX stuffs ... }*/
    > > and, if you are interested, I'll send you (or post it here, it isn't so long)
    > > a translation script written in CodeWorker (a LGPL scripting language for
    > > applying generative programming in the development process, available
    > > at "http://www.codeworker.org") that will translate your C++ source file to
    > > LaTeX.
    > > [..]
    > > Tell me if you are interested or if you want to test the result.

    > Yes, I am interested indeed ... Could you sent me the script, and if
    > possible an example file, so I can see it immediately? I would appreciate
    > it very much.

    I'll send the script and an example to your personal email.

    Cedric LEMAIRE, Sep 3, 2003