    Applets).

    Thanks
    Sanny

    Sanny, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Sanny

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    Sanny wrote:
    > Since applets are embedded in Browser I think it has to share resources
    > among other Applets/ Scripts on the web page.
    >
    > Should I use a new Frame to speed up Computation. It looks like a new
    > Frame will get all resources as a seprate web page gets.
    >
    > My Question is does a new Frame is just like a new Browser which gets
    > all CPU Resources instead of sharing with the Web page (in case of
    > Applets).
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sanny

    As far as I know, Threads usually get equal weighting (unless they are
    specifically set to a lower or higher priority), regardless of whether
    they are part of the same JVM, or different applications all together.
    All programs have to "share" resources, since resources tend to be
    system wide (not just program wide).

    In either case, if you create a frame from within an applet, it is
    still part of the applet, so it shouldn't act too much differently.

    Hope this helps,
    Daniel.

    Daniel Pitts, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Daniel Pitts wrote:
    > > My Question is does a new Frame is just like a new Browser which gets
    > > all CPU Resources instead of sharing with the Web page (in case of
    > > Applets).

    > In either case, if you create a frame from within an applet, it is
    > still part of the applet, so it shouldn't act too much differently.

    2 notes.

    1) This OP reposted this question here..
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/thread/f3ce25fb028a9e9/510c95fa565d5b4d#510c95fa565d5b4d>

    2) ..it became apparent in that thread that the
    OP was considering converting the applet to an
    application (rather than just launching a frame,
    from within an applet).

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 11, 2006
  4. Sanny

    Sanny Guest

    > 1) This OP reposted this question here..
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/thread/f3ce25fb028a9e9/510c95fa565d5b4d#510c95fa565d5b4d>
    >
    > 2) ..it became apparent in that thread that the
    > OP was considering converting the applet to an
    > application (rather than just launching a frame,
    > from within an applet).

    I want to speedup my Applet in any way I have three Choices which one
    should I choose and which will really help.

    1. Convert Applet to a Frame Window.
    2. Create a Java Application to run the program instead of Applet
    3. Convert this Applet into .exe file using C++/Delphi

    Which will be the best way to get fast output.

    Bye
    Sanny

    Sanny, Dec 11, 2006
  5. Sanny wrote:
    > I want to speedup my Applet in any way I have three Choices which one
    > should I choose and which will really help.
    >
    > 1. Convert Applet to a Frame Window.
    > 2. Create a Java Application to run the program instead of Applet
    > 3. Convert this Applet into .exe file using C++/Delphi
    >
    > Which will be the best way to get fast output.

    'It depends' on the applet and what the applet does.
    What is the URL where I can see it?

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 11, 2006