Does AJAX just require 2.0 Framework

Paul

Hi I have a web application I built using vs2005 and it has a lot of AJAX
control extenders in it. It works fine on my development machine (were I
downloaded the AJAX tool kit). I tried to deploy it on a live server that
has framework 1.1 and 2.0 as well as many web apps running under both. The
application with AJAX produced an error missing assembly (I think it was
system.web.extensions). Anyhow do I need to perform an installation on the
server, if so what is the name of the msi file? Also I must be careful not
to effect the other applications.
Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski

To use the Control Extenders, you need to include the AjaxControlToolkit.dll
in the bin directory.

bruce barker

ms ajax is a addon for .net 2.0 & 3.0 it just requires
system.web.extensions.dll. if not installed on the server, just include the
dll in your bin folder. you probably installed it in the gac on you dev box.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Paul

Yep I installed it in the GAC on the development box. I will copy The
system.web.extensions.dll to the bin directory of the web application on the
server and give that a try.
Thanks!

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

2.0 or 3.5. With 2.0, you need the AJAX bits, as well. With either 2.0 and
3.5, you need the AJAX toolkit to use the extenders.