    Explorer. Is that true?

    Thanks
    Dom

    Dominic, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Dominic

    ACE!!! Guest

    (Dominic) wrote in
    news::

    > As far as I know, ALL smartphones and Pocket PCs use Pocket Internet
    > Explorer. Is that true?

    For smartphones only true if they are running Windows Mobile, if they
    are running Symbian EPOC then it's Opera, as far as I know.

    ~S.

    --
    ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

    ACE!!!, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Dominic

    Matt Ranlett Guest

    Hello Dominic,
    Actually, Pocket Internet Explorer is only for Windows CE devices. Other smartphone devices (such as ones which run the Symbian OS (anything from Nokia)) use different broswers. Symbian comes with a built in WAP text-only browser, but you can download and install third party browsers such as Opera, NetFront, WebView, and the Doris browser. I personally use the Opera browser on my Symbian OS (Series 60) phone. Works pretty good except for its bad habit of using up all the available memory and shutting itself down from time to time.

    Matt Ranlett, Oct 20, 2004