Does anybody have a some old Turbo C for DOS...!!!

Bore Biko

If you have,(best T.C 2.0),
please send on :
(e-mail address removed)
Thanks in advance...!!

Emmanuel Delahaye

Bore Biko wrote on 02/10/05 :
If you have,(best T.C 2.0),
please send on :
(e-mail address removed)
Thanks in advance...!!

AFAIK, you can get it legally free from the Borland Museum.

Borland / community / museum

--
Emmanuel

I once asked an expert COBOL programmer, how to
declare local variables in COBOL, the reply was:
"what is a local variable?"

Martin Ambuhl

Bore said:
If you have,(best T.C 2.0),
please send on :
(e-mail address removed)
Thanks in advance...!!

Borland will give you this stuff for nothing. I understand that the
warez culture leads people to expect that stealing is the right way to
get things even when the owner will give them away. Start by asking
yourself, "How might I get this without being a thief?" Had you done
that, you might already have what you need.

Bore Biko

Martin Ambuhl said:
Borland will give you this stuff for nothing. I understand that the
warez culture leads people to expect that stealing is the right way to
get things even when the owner will give them away. Start by asking
yourself, "How might I get this without being a thief?" Had you done
that, you might already have what you need.

But I can't install this version from Borland Museum...
If you install and tray that it work correctly please
zip all the TC folder with zip and send...

Thanks in advance..!!
Robert..!!
(e-mail address removed)

Alexei A. Frounze

But I can't install this version from Borland Museum...
If you install and tray that it work correctly please
zip all the TC folder with zip and send...

This is highly OT but to help you anyway: it does install and work. Just pay
attention to the fact it came on floppies. Use subst command to create a
disk (e.g. Z:) with contents of 1st floppy, run install/setup from it (from
Z:). When it asks for 2nd disk, remove that drive (subst -d if I'm not
mistaken) and create it again with contents of 2nd disk. And so forth.

Alex

Robert Bralic

Alexei A. Frounze said:

This is highly OT but to help you anyway: it does install and work. Just pay
attention to the fact it came on floppies. Use subst command to create a
disk (e.g. Z:) with contents of 1st floppy, run install/setup from it (from
Z:). When it asks for 2nd disk, remove that drive (subst -d if I'm not
mistaken) and create it again with contents of 2nd disk. And so forth.

Alex

But why he can't be installed when I copy all of tre
disks to floppy for any disk one floppy, and
then install form A:....
Escouse for OT, and typing errors..

Thanks, Robert...!!

Alexei A. Frounze

Robert Bralic said:
But why he can't be installed when I copy all of tre
disks to floppy for any disk one floppy, and
then install form A:....
Escouse for OT, and typing errors..

It really does install fine. And it worked for me under windows with 2 dos
boxes (one for install.exe and the other for subst and file copying) and
subst. Maybe you didn't tell it to install to C:\TC but instead tried A:\TC?
I don't know. If you need further assistance, send me a private message to
the address that can be derived from the shown above by substitution of
narod for chat. If you need anything, email me. Let's stop this OT theme in
the group.

Alex
P.S. their Turbo C++1.01 is much better than Turbo C 2.01 (everything's
better: IDE, compiler (c++), libraries). And if you don't have any specific
requirements (compiler size, 16/32 bit code generation, etc), DJGPP (+RHIDE)
is even better and is also free.