    sequence diagrams form my java sources.

    Does anybody know such a tool (or eclipse plugin)?

    Markus

    Markus, Feb 7, 2006

  2. Re: Does anybody know a freeware-app which can generate UML diagramsfrom java files?

    Hi

    Please write your question in the message, not in the subject field.
    The subject field should only contain a brief mention of the subject in
    no more than approx 50 characters.

    The reason for doing it so, is that it makes it easy for people to
    understand what the message is about. tAnd that will alos create more
    goodwill and more likely than not, more people might read the message.

    mvh

    tom

    tom fredriksen, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Markus

    max_ny Guest

    max_ny, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Markus

    Markus Guest

    Now I have installed the plugin but can you please describe, how I can
    generate the diagrams from my sources?

    Markus

    Markus, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Markus

    IchBin Guest

    Markus wrote:
    > I'm looking for a free tool which can generate at least class and
    > sequence diagrams form my java sources.
    >
    > Does anybody know such a tool (or eclipse plugin)?
    >
    > Markus

    I have found Jude the community version very nice. It has a small foot
    print and does what you need.

    http://www.esm.jp/jude-web/index.html

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

    IchBin, Feb 7, 2006
  6. Markus

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Markus" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a free tool which can generate at least class and
    > sequence diagrams form my java sources.
    >
    > Does anybody know such a tool (or eclipse plugin)?

    Poseidon makes such a tool.
    http://gentleware.com/downloadcenter.0.html
    The community edition is free.

    Hal Rosser, Feb 7, 2006
  7. Markus

    max_ny Guest

    probably u must have figured it by now,

    but still here it is: If you right click on any class name or project
    name, the plugin gives you options for making different UML diagrams,
    like class dependency, class inheretence, class association etc.

    And when it creates the initial diagram, you can create or extend the
    UML diagram further, by inheretence, dependency, state diagrams,
    further u can synchronize it ur code and refactor..

    just play with the options, its easy to figure out :))

    good luck

    max_ny, Feb 13, 2006
  8. Markus

    maintainj

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    MaintainJ to generate UML diagrams from Java files

    Markus,

    You should check MaintainJ. MaintainJ is exactly the tool you are looking for.

    MaintainJ, an Eclipse plug-in, generates runtime UML sequence and class diagrams for a use case. MaintainJ is the tool to turn to when :
    • You want to find out what exactly happens in the system when you run a use case.
    • You need to quickly understand large, complex Java code.
    • You want to reduce the maintenance costs by more than 20%.

    MaintainJ is different from any reverse engineering tools you have seen before.

    Forget Static Reverse Engineering - Static time UML diagrams can take you only so far. Only runtime diagrams, for a single use case, can help you to debug and understand complex systems.
    Save the Time Spent in Debugger - Debuggers help. But they are tiresome. Save the time you must spend in the debugger by first reading the runtime UML diagrams to get an overview.
    Explore the Diagrams - MaintainJ sequence diagrams are a pleasure to read. You can expand and collapse the calls while exploring a complex sequence diagram.
    Focus on What You Need - Only application classes (no API calls) are shown in diagrams. All loop calls and recursive calls are removed from sequence diagrams.
    Generate. Do Not Draw - Code is the truth. Run the code and generate UML whenever you need.
    Save Maintenance Costs - Development costs 10%. Maintenance costs 90%. Understanding code costs 50% of maintenance costs. Save by generating UML diagrams that help you to quickly understand code.
    Open Source Based - MaintainJ is an open source based, low-cost product. Buy it or use and blog it. Or tell us about a more useful product for those who maintain and support complex Java applications.

    Regards,
    Choudary Kothapalli.
    www.MaintainJ.com

    maintainj, Aug 19, 2007