does anybody know about Win32::GuiTest module ??

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by tikesh, Dec 19, 2006.

  1. tikesh

    tikesh Guest

    hello everyone,
    this mail is related to Win32::GuiTest module ...
    i am facing some problems in using winguitest.
    i want to know whether we can disble the special meaning of characters
    like ~, % etc.... one way is given in the document to put {} around the
    character, but it can not help me. i am writing program as follows
    open (test, "some_file");
    while (<test>) {
    Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys($_);

    now the problem is, "some_file" may contain characters like ~ , %
    etc... that i want to send as literal characters without special
    meaning ..... if somebody have some solution to my problem please let
    me know ......

    i have another problem -- i couldn't read the text of a word file using
    the example of "notepad_test.pl". in this example following line is
    being used
    my @edits = FindWindowLike($notepad, "", "Edit");
    what should i use in place of "Edit" to get the text from a word file
    and how would i know the class i should use to get text from the
    perticular application ?? please help me ....

    my another problem is --
    my perl script doesn't work when the system is locked.. i tried to
    search on the group if anybody else also had the same problem. i found
    that may other people had the same problem and they posted mails to
    find some solution. but i couldn't see any mail in which any solution
    to this problem is suggested... i want to use script to interact with
    the system when i am not there and i can't leave my system unlocked :(
    .... have anybody got any solution to this problem ?? please let me know
    if u have any solution....
    thanks and regards
    -- Tikesh

    tikesh, Dec 19, 2006

  2. On 12/19/2006 05:20 AM, tikesh wrote:
    > hello everyone,
    > this mail is related to Win32::GuiTest module ...
    > i am facing some problems in using winguitest.
    > i want to know whether we can disble the special meaning of characters
    > like ~, % etc.... one way is given in the document to put {} around the
    > character, but it can not help me. i am writing program as follows
    > open (test, "some_file");
    > while (<test>) {
    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys($_);
    >
    > now the problem is, "some_file" may contain characters like ~ , %
    > etc... that i want to send as literal characters without special
    > meaning ..... if somebody have some solution to my problem please let
    > me know ......

    Use the three-argument form of open and test for failure:

    open (test, "<", "some_file")
    or die("Opening some_file failed, reason: $!");

    > i have another problem -- i couldn't read the text of a word file using
    > the example of "notepad_test.pl". in this example following line is
    > being used
    > my @edits = FindWindowLike($notepad, "", "Edit");
    > what should i use in place of "Edit" to get the text from a word file
    > and how would i know the class i should use to get text from the
    > perticular application ?? please help me ....
    >
    > my another problem is --
    > my perl script doesn't work when the system is locked..

    What do you mean by "locked"?

    > i tried to
    > search on the group if anybody else also had the same problem. i found
    > that may other people had the same problem and they posted mails to
    > find some solution.

    You should have given us your search terms. Where did you search? What
    were the search terms? What are the URLs of the messages that you found?

    > but i couldn't see any mail in which any solution
    > to this problem is suggested... i want to use script to interact with
    > the system when i am not there and i can't leave my system unlocked :(
    > .... have anybody got any solution to this problem ?? please let me know
    > if u have any solution....
    > thanks and regards
    > -- Tikesh

    You might be talking about what happens when Windows is not logged into
    any account; I doubt user programs can be run when no one is logged into
    an account. You can probably log into your account, start your programs
    and initiate the screensaver in "lock" mode.

    Caveat: I'm not a regular Windows user, but I've installed and
    configured Windows for family.

    --

    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/

    Mumia W. (on aioe), Dec 19, 2006

  3. tikesh

    tikesh Guest

    by locked i mean screen saver is running and password is needed to do
    anything on your PC .... and i doubt if u are understanding that all
    the things i am talking in this mail is regarding the module
    Win32::GuiTest .... so i searched the terms - locked windows guitest
    etc......
    --Tikesh

    tikesh, Dec 20, 2006
  4. On 12/20/2006 05:41 AM, tikesh wrote:

    > by locked i mean screen saver is running and password is needed to do
    > anything on your PC .... and i doubt if u are understanding that all
    > the things i am talking in this mail is regarding the module
    > Win32::GuiTest .... so i searched the terms - locked windows guitest
    > etc......
    > --Tikesh

    Please bottom-post in this newsgroup. That is, post your reply below the
    other person's quoted text. Read the posting guidelines for this newsgroup:
    http://www.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc/clpmisc_guidelines.html

    A knowledgeable Windows user will have to help you get Win32::GuiTest
    working while the screensaver is locked. Good luck.

    --

    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/

    Mumia W. (on aioe), Dec 20, 2006