    About last August I posted a link to an alternative way (on Internet) to create a deployable jar file. The description bypassed creating the standard way using a Manifest file. The alternative way modified a XML file etc. Does anyone have the specific step by step details or link.

    Thanks,

    , Apr 10, 2013

  2. markspace Guest

    On 4/10/2013 11:30 AM, wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > About last August I posted a link to an alternative way (on Internet)
    > to create a deployable jar file. The description bypassed creating
    > the standard way using a Manifest file. The alternative way modified
    > a XML file etc. Does anyone have the specific step by step details or
    > link.

    I don't know what the alternate way is/was, but the standard tools use
    both the manifest file and sometimes an external XML file in the form of
    a JNLP file:

    <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/>

    There's probably some hints there how to get started again. A little
    more specific information beyond "about last August" would be helpful if
    you need specifics from us.

    markspace, Apr 10, 2013