Does anyone have a sample administration site solution?

Leo Muller

Hi,

I am fiddling around a lot with ASP.NET, but still haven't found the best
way of doing things. I was wondering whether anyone can give me a small
sample solution, in which there is:
- database row retrieval + update. Should be a list of items, for which each
item's details should be updatable.
- use of "include" file (user control?), accross all pages. e.g. header.

So far I have tried different ways, with datagrids, with labels as
placeholders. I tried all functionality in one page, or in seperate pages,
stored procedures, command, plain sql, etc. All of these things worked (in
the end), but all ways I tried look way to messy for me.

Thanks!

Leo Muller

Leo Muller ìéàå îéìø
Webmaster Keshet Interactive
(e-mail address removed)
03 - 7676383 / 067 - 972985
--------------------------------------
http://www.keshet-i.com
http://www.mooma.com
http://www.hakasefet.co.il
http://www.bip.co.il
http://www.keshet-tv.com

Leo Muller

Hi,

I am really looking for something basic. Something from someone who has gone
through the steps I am taking now already.
I tried to install one of their End to End Samples. Besides the fact that
they want my email address, (I really get already more then enough spam),
the installer (yes, they use an installer, instead of just a zip file),
needs a LOCAL database. Now, I do have a database server, but not a local
one. One would think, fine then just look at the code they send you, but no,
either it will install everything, or nothing at all. So I am back to square
one.

Isn't their anyone out there who found the best way of working, and wants to
share this with me?

Leo