Does anyone have an activate script for portable python?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gelonida N, Aug 12, 2012.

  1. Gelonida N

    Gelonida N Guest

    Hi,

    In Pythons installed with virtualenv there is on windows an activate.bat
    script, that can be used to setup the cmd-shell such, that the search
    path for python and pythor elated tools (pip / easy_install) is setup
    properly.

    Further there is the deactivate script to set the environment back to
    it's state before calling activate.

    Do such a scripts also exist for Portable python?

    If anybody wrote already such scripts, then couldn't they be added to
    the official portable python release?

    I never used portable python so far but can't imagine, that I'm the only
    one who'd like such a script.

    Gelonida N, Aug 12, 2012

  2. Gelonida N

    alex23 Guest

    On Aug 12, 9:09 am, Gelonida N <> wrote:
    > In Pythons installed with virtualenv there is on windows an activate.bat
    > script, that can be used to setup the cmd-shell such, that the search
    > path for python and pythor elated tools (pip / easy_install) is setup
    > properly.
    > Do such a scripts also exist for Portable python?

    Portable Python is just Python with some helper scripts for not
    requiring a system installation.

    So "command-line-command-to-run-portable-python virtualenv <venv-
    name>" should be all you need.

    alex23, Aug 13, 2012

  3. Gelonida N

    Gelonida N Guest

    On 08/13/2012 02:12 AM, alex23 wrote:
    > On Aug 12, 9:09 am, Gelonida N <> wrote:
    >> In Pythons installed with virtualenv there is on windows an activate.bat
    >> script, that can be used to setup the cmd-shell such, that the search
    >> path for python and pythor elated tools (pip / easy_install) is setup
    >> properly.
    >> Do such a scripts also exist for Portable python?

    > Portable Python is just Python with some helper scripts for not
    > requiring a system installation.
    >
    > So "command-line-command-to-run-portable-python virtualenv <venv-
    > name>" should be all you need.

    Hmm I guess I didn't express myself very well.

    The idea is to easily create a cmd window, that the path is setup in
    order to point to portably python by default.

    At a first glance at Portable Python it seemed to me, that this doesn't
    exist.

    Having a small icon to click at, that opens a cmd window with the right
    setup or just a .bat file, that could be called to adapt the setup of an
    existing cmd window.

    It's not too difficult to write such scipts, but I though it would be
    interesting to see whether I'm the only one missing such feature in
    portable Python.

    Gelonida N, Aug 13, 2012