Does anyone have an ActiveX control for browsing Directories

Guest

I have tried to use the file field HTML object in my code buy I cannot get
the code to recognize the name property ("myfile") of the object. It says:
Name 'myfile' not declared. I have set the property Name to 'myfile' but I
am still getting the error in my code.

Guest

I am still having no luck getting past the error. The html for the object is:
<INPUT id="File1" style="Z-INDEX: 127; LEFT: 384px; WIDTH: 474px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 552px; HEIGHT: 22px"
type="file" size="59" name="myfile" runat="server">

Bruce Barker

thats because name is not a property, but an attribute. look in the
controlds attribute collection, and you will find it. note sure why you wnat
to play with though, .net needs it to, so it can identify the control the
postback data goes with (i believe with the file control, it will override
the name anyway with the munged id).

if you are tryimg to set the filename, that would be the value attribute,
but its read only because the browser will ignore it (security).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)