Does anyone know how to make a chatroom for free?

Simon Egginton

Hi i am Simon,

I need to know how to make a 100% customiseable Chatroom with Staff/ Admin
rights in java. Please help me.

EMAIL me

ewhost_simon"removeme"@yahoo.co.uk
Remove "removeme"

Megan Jungle

**** YOU ANDREW THOMPSON.

Simon Egginton asked a civil question. It is his first time on these news
groups and he didn't know how to use them. So next time **** YOUR MUM.
Simon, just wanted to know how to make a chat room. He came here to ask if
anyone knew and you fucking well laid into him. And i hope you wasn't
ridculing him or else you can **** you dad while your there.

You said "Cross-posting to the following 5 groups
is selfish and unjustified" You should be targeting people who are fucking
well spamming the newsgroups with fake vulger porn that "CROSS POST" over 60
groups a day. So **** on that!

Well i will tell you were to ram you fucking newsgroup Mr. Thompson up
your fucking arse. So get shoving it in you fucking head Bastard.

Sarch

Simon Egginton asked a civil question. It is his first time on these news
groups and he didn't know how to use them. So next time **** YOUR MUM.

Norlan and Megan, do you normally speak of yourself in third person? A
truly dumb flame, dude.

Sarch

Simon Egginton

Excuse me, that was extremely rude of you sir, Now I am not going to swear
like Norlan Gotenn, or Megan Jungle. But I am pretty peed off my self. That
I got an email expecting someone would find out my question that I have been
looking for, for a long time. Instead you just went ahead and killed it.
Thanks for nothing. Jesus, I am only 14 years old. Making websites in my
spare time. This is what a get from you.

Megan's right thou' you need to target these spammers that fill news
groups with fake Vulger porn ads. They do fill about 60 to 70 groups a day.
Not poor innocent kids. You disgust me mate, I mean who do you think you are
some kid of f**ing comedian or Simon Cowell of Java and JavaScript. OH
that's another thing you pedantic old fart Java and Java script is virtually
the same. I don't know why in hells name you keep on saying there not?
what's the difference? Tell me that ehh?

I saw some other Groups you have done again your attitude disgusts me. I
should report you to wannadoo and other ISP's to get this News Group shut
down!

Angrily Simon Egginton

Sarch

Excuse me Explain how are me and megan speaking in third person???

We are all sticking up for simon egginton!

Uhuh. Clearly "we" means "One person's lame attempt at posting under many
aliases".

Sarch

Sarch

Look mate you are talking out of your fucking arse! "we" as in all 3 of us
are working on the same project. Megan and my self are working on a website
and Simon was working on the fucking chat room but got stuck!

All using Outlook Express on the same computer to post to Usenet? Now
that's dumb, schizo.

Sarch

ak

Norlan Gotten said:
Look mate you are talking out of your fucking arse! "we" as in all 3 of us
are working on the same project. Megan and my self are working on a website
and Simon was working on the fucking chat room but got stuck!

and I know why you stuck - your all 3 sitting at same computer - it is just
impossible to work so.
Buy 2 computers more and you will see - your work will be done easy and
quckly!

Please note if you have only 1 comp, you don't need any chat programm,
because you can just speak with each other - room where you now sitting is
alredy your chatroom !!!.

Sarch

Listen with your EARS not your ARSE! "WE" as in me, megan and simon ARE ALL
WORKING ON A PROJECT. ON A WEBSITE! SO WE ARE USING THE SAME COMPUTER DUMB
ASS!

No, I was implying it was dumb to constantly change your nick if you're
using the same computer. It's kind of pointless, you know.

Sarch

ak

It is really. No what i ment when i said all 3 of us at one pc was that we
are all on the sofa Megan, Simon, Me and simon has the laptop and he is on
the internet with it. I take the laptop and write shit to you lot. and hey
done! We are looking for a Chat room

just take your preferred text editor!

Blue Raja

F-up set to: comp.lang.javascript
OH
that's another thing you pedantic old fart Java and Java script is virtually
the same. I don't know why in hells name you keep on saying there not?

This shows you know little - if anything - about either language.
what's the difference? Tell me that ehh?

It would be quicker to list their similarities than their differences.

Roedy Green

Excuse me Explain how are me and megan speaking in third person???

We are all sticking up for simon egginton!

Oddly people who have never posted before suddenly felt the same way
you did, and suddenly felt obligated to mimic your language which you
don't hear often in these parts. It just does not seem plausible. You
have egg on your beard for attempting such a cheap trick. It is
rather insulting.

I agree with you though, Andrew enjoys ragging the newbies a little
too much. On the other hand, the sooner you stop cross-posting the
sooner you will stop getting flamed. I bug Andrew about it often. On
the whole though, if you don't mind the chastisement, he will give
generously of his time and expertise.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroups.html

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

ak said:
and I know why you stuck - your all 3 sitting at same computer - it is just
impossible to work so.

No, no: It's the new fad, Extreme Extreme Programming: not PAIR
programming but TRIPLE programming.

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Simon Egginton said:
I need to know how to make a 100% customiseable Chatroom with Staff/ Admin
rights in java. Please help me.

1) Stop abusing Usenet.
2) Write code.
3) Compile.

Richard Cornford

Simon Egginton wrote:
OH that's another thing you pedantic old fart Java and
Java script is virtually the same. I don't know why in hells
name you keep on saying there not? what's the difference?
Tell me that ehh?
<snip>

Java and javascript are a very long way form being the same. Beyond the
fact that they both use a syntax reminiscent of C they are not even that
similar. Off the top of my head, some differences include:-

Java | Javascript
Strongly type language with an | Loosely typed language with
infinitely extendable number of | exactly 6 distinct types (7 if you
type definitions. | want to consider Function objects
| separately form Object objects).

Type casting/converting is | All types may be converted to all
restricted to what makes sense (in | other types without restriction
terms of inheritance | (but with potential data loss),
relationships, the implementation | and automatic type-conversion
of interfaces and (with | follows form the context of
primitives) the nature of the date | use/reference.
they represent and how it would be |
changed by the modification.) |

Pre-compiled to, and distributed | Distributed as source text and
as, byte code. | re-interpreted prior to each
| execution.

Exclusively Object Orientated | Scripts may be Object Orientated,
language. | procedural or functional (or any
| combination).

Class-based language in which | Dynamic language in which all
class definitions are fixed at the | definitions and structures are
point of compilation. | amenable to unlimited run-time
| modification (precluding any
| directly analogous "class"
| concept).

Class-based inheritance. | Prototype-based inheritance.

No global variables. | Global variables are properties of
| the global object and all scripts
| share the global object with each
| other and the host environment.

Block scoped local variables. | Lexically scoped variables (at
| function intervals), with
| function nesting and closures.

Built in support for access | Unrestricted access to all object
modifiers (public, private, | properties (unless restrictions
protected, etc). | are actively implemented using
| closures).

Functions can only exist as | Functions are objects and may be
methods of an instance or a class. | passed by reference, assigned
| properties/methods, and may be
| executed as method of objects or
| not, depending on the context of
| their use.

Methods take strictly defined | Functions take any arguments list
numbers and types of argument. | used when they are called.

Many packages included in the | All facilities beyond the basic
language for things like GUI | language are expected to be
construction, networking and file | provided by the host environment
handling. | (or are unavailable).

Richard.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Richard said:
Java | Javascript
[...]
Pre-compiled to, and distributed | Distributed as source text and
as, byte code. | re-interpreted prior to each
| execution.

ECMAScript/J(ava)Script, too, is distributed to a Virtual Machine as byte
code to be interpreted. It can be (and often is, especially client-side)
distributed to a script engine as source code to be *JIT-compiled* (to byte
code) later. There are J(ava?)Script compilers that create *binaries*
consisting of byte code, often server-side.
[...]
Built in support for access | Unrestricted access to all object
modifiers (public, private, | properties (unless restrictions
protected, etc). | are actively implemented using
| closures).

True for ECMAScript < 4, JavaScript < 2 and JScript < 6.

*Please* *stop* *crossposting* *without* *Followup-To!*

PointedEars, X-Post cut, Followup-To comp.lang.javascript

Randy Webb

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

*Please* *stop* *crossposting* *without* *Followup-To!*

*PLEASE* stop babbling your garbage about the appropriate action of
cross-posting versus multi-posting.

BTW, your * key seems to be tied to your space key, whereby it adds a *
before and after each space. Fix your keyboard.

Roedy Green

I mean who do you think you are
some kid of f**ing comedian or Simon Cowell of Java and JavaScript. OH
that's another thing you pedantic old fart Java and Java script is virtually
the same. I don't know why in hells name you keep on saying there not?
what's the difference? Tell me that ehh?

More the to point would be, what do they have in common other than the
word "Java" in there names? If they were similar you could write a
program that run both in Java and JavaScript. Can you come up with
one?

Roedy Green

Listen with your EARS not your ARSE! "WE" as in me, megan and simon ARE ALL
WORKING ON A PROJECT. ON A WEBSITE! SO WE ARE USING THE SAME COMPUTER DUMB
ASS!

Somehow that seems unlikely. If the other two were as rude as you, you
would be at each other's throats. You have blown it if you are hoping
for help. Cool off, and try again under another name.