Does anyone know of an extended webcontrols.datagrid?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Trint Smith, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. Trint Smith

    Trint Smith Guest

    I need a webcontrol datagrid with extended capabilities...to show
    thumbnails and hyperlinks..etc.
    Like this one does that is just a windowscontrol:
    http://dotnet.leadit.be/extendeddatagrid
    But I need mine for a webproject.
    Also, can a datagrid display info like ebay?:

    | thumbnail | item# | title(hyperlink) | price

    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Trint

    .Net programmer

    Trint Smith, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Yo can try infragistics although their datagrid is significantly slower than
    what MS brings to the table. They've got tidy functionality. Alternatively,
    you might just want to customize what MS has to offer. It's pretty easy:
    Adding a dropdown to a cell would be as easy as this
    e.item.cells[3].controls[0].add(new dropdownlist("select a customer")) in
    your itemcreated event handler. The exact code is littered thruout the
    internet so you shouldn't have any problems stumbling acroos it

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Feb 15, 2004