    Does anyone know what version of Java comes with the new Mac OS X
    Leopard?

    Thanks

    chewie54, Oct 20, 2007

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Oct 20, 2007

  3. chewie54

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:26:13 -0400, Arne Vajhøj <>

    >A bit of googling seems to indicate that 1.6 will ship with Leopard.

    That is good news. Usually Apple is way behind everyone else. That
    means they are getting even more serious about Java than before.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Oct 21, 2007
  4. Re: does anyone know what version of Java comes with the new MacOS X Leopard?

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:26:13 -0400, Arne Vajhøj <>
    >> A bit of googling seems to indicate that 1.6 will ship with Leopard.

    > That is good news. Usually Apple is way behind everyone else. That
    > means they are getting even more serious about Java than before.

    It is a bit late compared with Windows and Linux.

    And as far as I know Cocoa-Java is not reinstated.

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Oct 21, 2007
  5. chewie54

    Nigel Wade Guest

    Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    > Roedy Green wrote:
    >> On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:26:13 -0400, Arne Vajhøj <>
    >>> A bit of googling seems to indicate that 1.6 will ship with Leopard.

    >> That is good news. Usually Apple is way behind everyone else. That
    >> means they are getting even more serious about Java than before.

    > It is a bit late compared with Windows and Linux.
    >
    > And as far as I know Cocoa-Java is not reinstated.
    >
    > Arne

    Apparently not as good news as was hoped:

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/29/no_java_for_leopard/

    E-mail :
    Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

    Nigel Wade, Oct 29, 2007
  6. Re: does anyone know what version of Java comes with the new MacOS X Leopard?

    Nigel Wade wrote:
    > Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >> Roedy Green wrote:
    >>> That is good news. Usually Apple is way behind everyone else. That
    >>> means they are getting even more serious about Java than before.

    >> It is a bit late compared with Windows and Linux.
    >>
    >> And as far as I know Cocoa-Java is not reinstated.

    > Apparently not as good news as was hoped:
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/29/no_java_for_leopard/

    Yep.

    But it also seems as if they are catching some flak for it.

    Arne

    =?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=, Oct 30, 2007