    clients in which to test script/code.

    The same goes for any web document, interactive/dynamic or otherwise,
    developer: does IE7 finally get CSS right, and to what level?
    Patient Guy, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Patient Guy wrote:
    > The question in the subject seems plain to me. I wonder if
    > EMCAscript/Javascript developers should even bother adding IE7 even to the
    > clients in which to test script/code.

    Yes of of course.

    IE 7 is already being used by many people and if you want your scripts
    to last then IE 7 will be very important. Just today I had to fix a
    legacy script that broke in IE 7.

    These links are just to give a general idea that IE 7 is currently
    important to some people.

    <http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp>

    <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/gbs/gbs_browser-chart.html>

    Peter
    Peter Michaux, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Patient Guy wrote:
    > The question in the subject seems plain to me.

    Maybe it does but on Usenet it is inappropriate to assume that all
    readers have access to the subject header, and so questions should
    always appear in the message body.

    > I wonder if EMCAscript/Javascript developers should even bother
    > adding IE7 even to the clients in which to test script/code.

    Microsoft will be delivering IE 7 with new OSs (in the sense of future
    OSs and new versions/releases of current OSs) so not testing with IE 7
    should not even be considered an option in a commercial context.

    > The same goes for any web document, interactive/dynamic or otherwise,
    > developer:

    Yes it probably does.

    > does IE7 finally get CSS right, and to what level?

    This is a javascript newsgroup and so the general discussion of CSS
    conformance belongs elsewhere.

    Richard.
    Richard Cornford, Dec 12, 2006
  4. Patient Guy

    Patient Guy Guest

    "Richard Cornford" <> wrote in
    comp.lang.javascript:

    > Patient Guy wrote:

    >> does IE7 finally get CSS right, and to what level?

    > This is a javascript newsgroup and so the general discussion of CSS
    > conformance belongs elsewhere.

    Then let's re-phrase the question for the lawyers in the group:

    For those who are able and want to affect properties of the style object in
    Javascript/ECMAscript, whose naming is identical to properties specified in
    CSS, does the presentation of the style of the document conform to the CSS
    specification as it is interfaced through Javascript/ECMAscript, and to
    what degree does it conform to any specification?
    Patient Guy, Dec 15, 2006
  5. Patient Guy wrote:
    > "Richard Cornford" <> wrote in
    > comp.lang.javascript:
    > > Patient Guy wrote:

    > >> does IE7 finally get CSS right, and to what level?

    > > This is a javascript newsgroup and so the general discussion of CSS
    > > conformance belongs elsewhere.

    > Then let's re-phrase the question for the lawyers in the group:
    >
    > For those who are able and want to affect properties of the style object in
    > Javascript/ECMAscript, whose naming is identical to properties specified in
    > CSS, does the presentation of the style of the document conform to the CSS
    > specification as it is interfaced through Javascript/ECMAscript, and to
    > what degree does it conform to any specification?

    The lawyers are going to pounce.

    Peter

    (z-index vs. zIndex)
    Peter Michaux, Dec 15, 2006
  6. Patient Guy

    Yuri Nassol Guest

    "Peter Michaux" <> wrote in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Patient Guy wrote:
    >> "Richard Cornford" <> wrote in
    >> comp.lang.javascript:

    >> > This is a javascript newsgroup and so the general discussion of CSS
    >> > conformance belongs elsewhere.

    >> Then let's re-phrase the question for the lawyers in the group:
    >>
    >> For those who are able and want to affect properties of the style
    >> object in Javascript/ECMAscript, whose naming is identical to
    >> properties specified in CSS, does the presentation of the style of
    >> the document conform to the CSS specification as it is interfaced
    >> through Javascript/ECMAscript, and to what degree does it conform to
    >> any specification?

    > The lawyers are going to pounce.
    >
    > Peter
    >
    > (z-index vs. zIndex)

    Why? I have made the question of style relevant to Javascript/ECMAscript
    now. What does it matter if I ask for how the effects of directing the
    style of a document are achieved whether through scripting or through the
    direct use of CSS, and whether it conforms to the specifications of style
    which scripters expect to see? Thus scripters must know the styling
    specification when they make use of its interface.
    Yuri Nassol, Dec 15, 2006
  7. Patient Guy

    Randy Webb Guest

    Yuri Nassol said the following on 12/15/2006 2:31 AM:
    > "Peter Michaux" <> wrote in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    >> Patient Guy wrote:
    >>> "Richard Cornford" <> wrote in
    >>> comp.lang.javascript:
    >>> Then let's re-phrase the question for the lawyers in the group:
    >>>
    >>> For those who are able and want to affect properties of the style
    >>> object in Javascript/ECMAscript, whose naming is identical to
    >>> properties specified in CSS, does the presentation of the style of
    >>> the document conform to the CSS specification as it is interfaced
    >>> through Javascript/ECMAscript, and to what degree does it conform to
    >>> any specification?

    >> The lawyers are going to pounce.
    >>
    >> Peter
    >>
    >> (z-index vs. zIndex)

    > Why?

    Because that is how anal retentive lawyers operate. All you did was fall
    for the trap.

    > I have made the question of style relevant to Javascript/ECMAscript
    > now.

    Actually, you didn't.

    > What does it matter if I ask for how the effects of directing the
    > style of a document are achieved whether through scripting or through the
    > direct use of CSS, and whether it conforms to the specifications of style
    > which scripters expect to see?

    Neither is relevant. A better question is "Is there anything in the
    foreseeable future that might alleviate the problems in scripting
    styles, whether it be from ECMA or the W3C?"

    > Thus scripters must know the styling specification when they make use
    > of its interface.

    z-Index says that is an incorrect statement. As does background-color in
    CSS.

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind