Does asp.net 2.0 callBack need to send a lot of data to server?

Guest

These days I'm working with a web project.I use asp.net 2.0 callBack to
refresh the web page without postback,but I found the client have to send a
lot of data to server,that is not so EFFICIENT for me,because I need to
frequently callback the server.Is there any solution to reduce the data?
thanks

Guest

Have you tried not sending quite so much data back to the server in the
callback? If you would like a more helpfull anser then please provide more
info, what data are you sending to the server, why are you sending it back,
provide code examples.

Jacob

Callbacks send the whole viewstate back to the server to correctly
remake the page and make the variable etc available. One way to greatly
reduce the data stream is to keep the viewstate somewhere other than
the client.