Does boost required some additional libraries???

SnaiL

I've try to compile simple program which uses boost::program_options
and got error like this:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_program_options-vc7-mt-s-1_32.lib'

I was suprised, because always think that boost doesn't require any
library, it uses templates, doesn't it?

Maybe it is program_options error? Please help.

SnaiL

Jesper said:
No you probably haven't build all the libraries..

Oh, I should build something myself? Could you please explain me how
can I do it or give a link to documentation?

Thx.

Matthias Kaeppler

SnaiL said:
Oh, I should build something myself? Could you please explain me how
can I do it or give a link to documentation?

Thx.

If your operating system doesn't already have the dev-packages, you have
to get the sources and build them using bjam, that's boost's homebrew
equivalent to GNU make.
You can then automatically build and install it from the sources using e.g.:

bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" install

whereas you should replace gcc with the compiler toolkit you use,
according to the table in the documentation.
This is all covered in detail here:
http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html

As to your original question: No, there are also boost libraries which
require compiled object code, not everything in boost is a template. An
example is the boost filesystem library.

This question should go to gmane.comp.lib.boost.user by the way, not here.