Does Darkfish-Rdoc work properly?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Iñaki Baz Castillo, Mar 2, 2009.

  1. Hi, I've installed "rdoc" via gem and got surprised since the downloades=20
    version in Darkfish-Rdoc:
    http://deveiate.org/projects/Darkfish-Rdoc/

    I'm not sure if Darkfish-Rdoc is the continuation of RDoc or a fork/version=
    (I=20
    expected it was a version due to the project description).

    The version installed is rdoc 2.4.1.

    When I run "rdoc" in a simple directory with just 3 files, I get a big ammo=
    unt=20
    of doc directories (obviously something is wrong) like:

    my_project/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc..

    containing files with name:

    MyClass_html_html_html_html_html_html.html

    and so on.

    Could somebody clarify me on it?

    Thanks a lot.
    =20
    =2D-=20
    I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo
    Iñaki Baz Castillo, Mar 2, 2009

  2. Iñaki Baz Castillo

    Ryan Davis Guest

    On Mar 2, 2009, at 16:00 , I=F1aki Baz Castillo wrote:

    > El Martes, 3 de Marzo de 2009, Eric Hodel escribi=F3:
    >
    >> Don't run rdoc against it's output directory.

    > True, thanks. But I wonder why using RDoc V1.0.1 - 20041108 I can =20
    > run "rdoc"
    > command from the sources directory (so it generates "doc" =20
    > directory). Anyway
    > I understand that I shouldn't do it.

    most ppl generate rdoc via their rakefile and that includes a "clean" =20=

    dependency that is met before the rdoc generates. If you use hoe you =20
    get this for free.
    Ryan Davis, Mar 3, 2009