    a datalist or repeater to just show one record? Is there a different control
    I should be binding data to when only showing one record?

    -Darrel
    darrel, May 13, 2004

  2. darrel

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    it will work, just return the one record.
    It's probably a bit more overhead to use that type of control but in reality
    it should matter little.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    "darrel" <> wrote in message
    > I've been working on a few userControls that display data. I've been using
    > datalists and repeater controls for this. I bind the data to the datalist

    or
    > repeater, then display it.
    >
    > However, sometimes I just need to pull up one record. Is it incorrect to

    use

    Curt_C [MVP], May 13, 2004

  3. darrel

    darrel Guest

    > it will work, just return the one record.
    > It's probably a bit more overhead to use that type of control but in

    reality
    > it should matter little.

    Thanks Curt. In the name of 'perfect code' what would you recommend to
    reduce the overhead if not using something like a repeater control?

    Admittedly, I overthink these sometimes. ;o)

    -Darrel
    darrel, May 13, 2004
  4. darrel

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest