Does EMAB increase overhead in some cases?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by yashgt@gmail.com, Aug 7, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Had I not been using EMAB, my function would look like:

    func1(){
    try{
    op1();
    }catch{
    log.write("op1 failed");
    }
    try{
    op2();
    }catch{
    log.write("op2 failed");

    With EMAB:
    func1(){
    try{
    op1();
    }catch{
    bool rethrow = ExceptionPolicy.HandleException(ex, "XYZ");
    }
    try{
    op2();
    }catch{
    bool rethrow = ExceptionPolicy.HandleException(ex, "XYZ");

    Please pardon the syntax. The point is that I lose the information
    regarding the operation that failed, and hence in the handler, I am
    not able to log a specific message such as "op1 failed" or "op2
    failed".

    What is the solution to this?
    , Aug 7, 2007