Does Firefox hate Debian or...?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by lets.monroe@gmail.com, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Ok, I have a curious situation.

    A co-worker is preparing a website and he has four images linking to
    four different urls. Said images are under this style...

    #enlaces a:link
    {
    margin-top: 1px;
    padding: 29 3 0 3;
    border: 1px solid silver;
    background-color: silver;
    }

    #enlaces a:hover
    {
    background-color: white;
    }

    Everything is correct. It works, when you hover the mouse over the
    images the background rectangle changes and all. Ok.

    The problem is, the style disappears when the image links to
    http://www.debian.org

    I mean, really. It works if you link it to http://www.someurl.com,
    http://www.debia.org, http://www.debiar.org, it always works. But if
    the link is http://www.debian.org then the silver background just does
    not show. I thought just like you are thinking right now, "it must be
    something else". But I swear the exact same page works for debiar,
    debial or debiag. Just not if you change the word to debian.

    Any clue?

    Greetings.

    , Oct 24, 2005

  2. Stuart Guest

    wrote:
    > Ok, I have a curious situation.
    >
    > A co-worker is preparing a website and he has four images linking to
    > four different urls. Said images are under this style...
    >
    > #enlaces a:link
    > {
    > margin-top: 1px;
    > padding: 29 3 0 3;
    > border: 1px solid silver;
    > background-color: silver;
    > }
    >
    > #enlaces a:hover
    > {
    > background-color: white;
    > }
    >
    > Everything is correct. It works, when you hover the mouse over the
    > images the background rectangle changes and all. Ok.
    >
    > The problem is, the style disappears when the image links to
    > http://www.debian.org
    >
    > I mean, really. It works if you link it to http://www.someurl.com,
    > http://www.debia.org, http://www.debiar.org, it always works. But if
    > the link is http://www.debian.org then the silver background just does
    > not show. I thought just like you are thinking right now, "it must be
    > something else". But I swear the exact same page works for debiar,
    > debial or debiag. Just not if you change the word to debian.
    >
    > Any clue?
    >
    > Greetings.

    Don't forget to define the style for the :visited pseudoclass ;)

    --
    Stuart Brown <>
    http://www.edesign.cc

    Stuart, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, quothed:

    > Ok, I have a curious situation.
    >
    > A co-worker is preparing a website and he has four images linking to
    > four different urls. Said images are under this style...
    >
    > #enlaces a:link
    > {
    > margin-top: 1px;
    > padding: 29 3 0 3;
    > border: 1px solid silver;
    > background-color: silver;
    > }
    >
    > #enlaces a:hover
    > {
    > background-color: white;
    > }
    >
    > Everything is correct. It works, when you hover the mouse over the
    > images the background rectangle changes and all. Ok.
    >
    > The problem is, the style disappears when the image links to
    > http://www.debian.org
    >
    > I mean, really. It works if you link it to http://www.someurl.com,
    > http://www.debia.org, http://www.debiar.org, it always works. But if
    > the link is http://www.debian.org then the silver background just does
    > not show. I thought just like you are thinking right now, "it must be
    > something else". But I swear the exact same page works for debiar,
    > debial or debiag. Just not if you change the word to debian.
    >
    > Any clue?

    debian.org has already been *visited*.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Oct 24, 2005

    >Don't forget to define the style for the :visited pseudoclass ;)

    >debian.org has already been *visited*.

    Ouch!! That's pretty embarrasing, we both now feel like newbies :D

    Thank you both very much, guys.

    , Oct 24, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > Ok, I have a curious situation.
    >
    > A co-worker is preparing a website and he has four images linking to
    > four different urls. Said images are under this style...
    >
    > #enlaces a:link
    > {
    > margin-top: 1px;
    > padding: 29 3 0 3;

    ^ ^ ^ ^
    Error in style, what are your units!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 24, 2005
  6. Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, quothed:

    > >Don't forget to define the style for the :visited pseudoclass ;)

    > >debian.org has already been *visited*.

    > Ouch!! That's pretty embarrasing, we both now feel like newbies :D
    >
    > Thank you both very much, guys.

    Similar stuff has happened to me and <sigh> will undoubtedly happen
    again.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Oct 24, 2005