Does hidden content get crawled??

Discussion in 'HTML' started by TalaGuy, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. TalaGuy

    TalaGuy Guest

    Hi:

    I have created a page of archived news content. It is intially hidden using
    a style attribute in the style sheet:

    #i1 {display: none;}

    and using the DIV tag like so in the page:

    ...content here...

    A Javascript function shows the div tag when a hyperlink is clicked. Will
    the content in the DIV tag be crawled by the spiders? Here is the URL if you
    want to look at all the HTML:

    http://www.pacifictabla.com/archived.html

    Thanks,

    TalaGuy, Jun 23, 2003

  2. TalaGuy

    spaghetti Guest

    "TalaGuy" <> wrote in message
    > A Javascript function shows the div tag when a hyperlink is clicked. Will
    > the content in the DIV tag be crawled by the spiders?

    Yes it will. Spiders will see everything that is in the HTML. They won't
    load your stylesheet, so the div will never be display:none; as far as
    spiders are concerned.

    spaghetti, Jun 23, 2003

  3. TalaGuy

    m Guest

    Re: Re: Re: Does hidden content get crawled??

    On or around Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:50:25 GMT, there was a message,
    possibly from m <>, as follows:

    >~~well behaved~~ spiders obey your rotots.txt file. This
    >file is well worth googling up.

    Must be getting tired. Make that 'robots.txt'.

    m, Jun 23, 2003