Does hidden content get crawled??

TalaGuy

Hi:

I have created a page of archived news content. It is intially hidden using
a style attribute in the style sheet:

#i1 {display: none;}

and using the DIV tag like so in the page:

...content here...

A Javascript function shows the div tag when a hyperlink is clicked. Will
the content in the DIV tag be crawled by the spiders? Here is the URL if you
want to look at all the HTML:

http://www.pacifictabla.com/archived.html

Thanks,

spaghetti

TalaGuy said:
A Javascript function shows the div tag when a hyperlink is clicked. Will
the content in the DIV tag be crawled by the spiders?

Yes it will. Spiders will see everything that is in the HTML. They won't
load your stylesheet, so the div will never be display:none; as far as
spiders are concerned.