    As some people here I've been thinking into converting some of my
    applications to HTA, but will they work for the Netscape folks?

    Adam

    Jazzis, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Jazzis

    middletree Guest

    um, what's HTA?

    middletree, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Jazzis

    Ray at Guest

    HTML Application.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    Well? (Now that you know :) )

    Adam

    Jazzis, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Jazzis

    Bob Barrows Guest

    I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure they don't. You may want to ask this
    on a clientside newgroup: one of the IE groups, or one of the groups with
    DHTML in its name.

    Just an afterthough: Michael Harris probably knows. You can usually find him
    over at m.p.scripting.vbscript.

    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Jazzis

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Wait. I just looked it up. This seems to answer your question:

    Compatibility
    The Microsoft implementation of HTA is limited to Windows 32-bit systems
    running Internet Explorer 5. HTAs do not support the HTML AutoComplete in
    forms feature, or the external object.

    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Sep 26, 2003
  7. Jazzis

    Evertjan. Guest

    Bob Barrows wrote on 26 sep 2003 in
    > Compatibility
    > The Microsoft implementation of HTA is limited to Windows 32-bit systems
    > running Internet Explorer 5. HTAs do not support the HTML AutoComplete in
    > forms feature, or the external object.

    Not true.

    HTA-s work fine on my IE6.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Sep 26, 2003
  8. Jazzis

    Dan Brussee Guest

    On 26 Sep 2003 14:35:01 GMT, "Evertjan."
    <> wrote:

    >Bob Barrows wrote on 26 sep 2003 in
    >microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >> Compatibility
    >> The Microsoft implementation of HTA is limited to Windows 32-bit systems
    >> running Internet Explorer 5. HTAs do not support the HTML AutoComplete in
    >> forms feature, or the external object.

    >Not true.
    >
    >HTA-s work fine on my IE6.

    Sheesh... ok.... Internet Explorer version 5 OR GREATER!!! :)

    Dan Brussee, Sep 26, 2003
  9. Jazzis

    middletree Guest

    OK, what does that mean? I have never heard of it.

    middletree, Sep 26, 2003
  10. Jazzis

    Dan Brussee Guest

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:20:06 -0500, "middletree"
    <> wrote:

    >OK, what does that mean? I have never heard of it.
    >

    >"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in message
    >> HTML Application.
    >>
    >> Ray at work
    >>
    >> "middletree" <> wrote in message
    >> > um, what's HTA?
    >> >

    >> > "Jazzis" <> wrote in message

    If you are really interested, do a google search for HTA browser
    applications or something like that.

    An HTA is basically HTML that has been given extra permissions by the
    end user. It can then access files and other items on the client PC.
    This kind of page can be made to look almost identical to a normal PC
    applications. Remember that you must ask for and recieve permission to
    run the HTA application by the user.

    Dan Brussee, Sep 26, 2003
  11. Jazzis

    bgm6000 Guest

    For what it's worth, HTA applications can work in Netscape if they are
    served off of an IIS server. I recently deployed an HTA application
    and needed to support NS 4.79 and IE 6+.

    --
    Brad Mason
    Information Systems Engineer, Sr.

    bgm6000, Oct 2, 2003