Does HTA work in Netscape?

Jazzis

As some people here I've been thinking into converting some of my
applications to HTA, but will they work for the Netscape folks?

Adam

Bob Barrows

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure they don't. You may want to ask this
on a clientside newgroup: one of the IE groups, or one of the groups with
DHTML in its name.

Just an afterthough: Michael Harris probably knows. You can usually find him
over at m.p.scripting.vbscript.

Bob Barrows

Bob Barrows

Wait. I just looked it up. This seems to answer your question:

Compatibility
The Microsoft implementation of HTA is limited to Windows 32-bit systems
running Internet Explorer 5. HTAs do not support the HTML AutoComplete in
forms feature, or the external object.

Bob Barrows

Evertjan.

Bob Barrows wrote on 26 sep 2003 in
Compatibility
The Microsoft implementation of HTA is limited to Windows 32-bit systems
running Internet Explorer 5. HTAs do not support the HTML AutoComplete in
forms feature, or the external object.

Not true.

HTA-s work fine on my IE6.

Dan Brussee

Bob Barrows wrote on 26 sep 2003 in

Not true.

HTA-s work fine on my IE6.

Sheesh... ok.... Internet Explorer version 5 OR GREATER!!! :)

Dan Brussee

OK, what does that mean? I have never heard of it.

If you are really interested, do a google search for HTA browser
applications or something like that.

An HTA is basically HTML that has been given extra permissions by the
end user. It can then access files and other items on the client PC.
This kind of page can be made to look almost identical to a normal PC
applications. Remember that you must ask for and recieve permission to
run the HTA application by the user.

bgm6000

For what it's worth, HTA applications can work in Netscape if they are
served off of an IIS server. I recently deployed an HTA application
and needed to support NS 4.79 and IE 6+.