    just curious, I use C++ a lot

    tony
    , Jul 24, 2006

  2. mlimber Guest

    wrote:
    > Is C++ used widely in industry. I am not talking about small projects.
    > But I mean liket the applications they write for windows, MS windows,
    > MS office, Oracle...... what languages do the people in those companies
    > use?

    See the Creator's answer:
    http://www.research.att.com/~bs/applications.html

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Jul 24, 2006

  3. Rolf Magnus Guest

    wrote:

    > Is C++ used widely in industry. I am not talking about small projects.
    > But I mean liket the applications they write for windows, MS windows,
    > MS office, Oracle......

    Why restrict your question to such a small subset of all the software
    written in C++?
    Rolf Magnus, Jul 24, 2006
  4. <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Is C++ used widely in industry. I am not talking about small
    > projects.
    > But I mean liket the applications they write for windows, MS
    > windows,
    > MS office, Oracle...... what languages do the people in those
    > companies
    > use?
    >
    > just curious, I use C++ a lot

    No, they almost all use Python or FORTRAN. Troll!
    Gernot Frisch, Jul 24, 2006
  5. Jerry Coffin Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.

    Jerry Coffin, Jul 24, 2006
  6. Howard Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Is C++ used widely in industry. I am not talking about small projects.
    > But I mean liket the applications they write for windows, MS windows,
    > MS office, Oracle...... what languages do the people in those companies
    > use?

    I'm 100% positive that Microsoft uses Borland's Delphi software for ALL
    their development work. Really. Honest. Would I lie to you?

    -H
    Howard, Jul 24, 2006