does it exist a decompiler for asp.net?

André

Hi,

I made a compiled asp.net 2.0 application and i wonder whether i would be
possible to decompile the application. If yes, how to protect the code from
being read by anybody with that decompiler?

thanks
André

cannontrodder

André said:
Hi,

I made a compiled asp.net 2.0 application and i wonder whether i would be
possible to decompile the application. If yes, how to protect the code from
being read by anybody with that decompiler?

Yes, but anything can be decompiled. All you can do is make that
process harder to do by using a process called obfuscation.

This link explains obfuscation in depth with links to tools for .net:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscated_code

I say avoid it, because if someone wants to decompile your code then
they will. So it will only protect so much from people wanting to steal
your ideas. Also, if you are using it to stop people finding security
problems then don't bother, properly written code could be published on
the web and people would still not be able to exploit security holes.

Bob

Thanks