Does JBoss activate a passivated Stateful Session bean

redyz

Hi,

I've looked around on the internet but so far I am not convinced that
for a bean that is passivated (if it is idle for a certain amount of
time), then activation on the next method call on that bean is not
taking place. I'm using JBoss 4.0.4 but I think the container is not
doing the activation.
server.log log show that passivation (and serialisation of that session
state) is taking place.

Can anyone help?

regards,

redyz

redyz

A bit more info, here is the error that I get. Seems to me like JBoss
4.0.4 is having a problem activating a stateful seassion bean that was
previously passivated. I know that activation/passivation are left to
the container.

Any help greatly appreciated.

regards,

redyz

--------------------------------

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.jboss.serial.exception.SerializationException: Could not create
instance of org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl - org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl

at
org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulBeanContext.extractBeanAndInterceptors(StatefulBeanContext.java:365)

at
org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulBeanContext.getInstance(StatefulBeanContext.java:309)

at
org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatefulInstanceInterceptor.java:75)

at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

at
org.jboss.aspects.security.AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(AuthenticationInterceptor.java:78)

at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

at
org.jboss.ejb3.ENCPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ENCPropagationInterceptor.java:47)

at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

at
org.jboss.ejb3.asynchronous.AsynchronousInterceptor.invoke(AsynchronousInterceptor.java:106)

at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

at
org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulContainer.dynamicInvoke(StatefulContainer.java:308)

at org.jboss.aop.Dispatcher.invoke(Dispatcher.java:106)

at
org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler.invoke(AOPRemotingInvocationHandler.java:82)

at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:828)

at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:681)

at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:358)

at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:412)

at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:239)

at
org.jboss.remoting.RemoteClientInvoker.invoke(RemoteClientInvoker.java:190)

at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:525)

at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:488)

at
org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:55)

at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

at
org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.java:61)

at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

at
org.jboss.aspects.security.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:55)

at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

at
org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalInterceptor.java:65)

at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)

at
org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulRemoteProxy.invoke(StatefulRemoteProxy.java:133)

at $Proxy4.report(Unknown Source)

at uk.co.MyCompany.a.b.MyStatefulBean.report(MyStatefulBean.java:49)